Chapter 5

Tomoe's POV

I threw fox fire at the yokai and turned around to take the girl back to my lair. You idiotic girl... Look at what you got yourself in... The word spread about me holding a human girl hostage. They will try to take you away from me...

"I will not let anything happen to you..." I said softly, moving a piece of her hair out of her face.

We arrived back at my lair, and I immediately placed her on my futon, wrapped the blanket around her. She didn't eat anything. I need to find something for her. I summoned my fox fire to look after her until I return. I got on my flaming carriage and flew towards the forest to find something for her to eat.

Kimiko's POV

"What does Master Tomoe see in a puny human girl like her?"

"I don't know... Maybe he is going use her?"

I heard multiple voices all around me until I groaned and they stopped talking. I slowly open my eyes, too see a familiar ceiling. Wha...What happened? Suddenly everything came flooding back and I shot forward but that was a mistake, for my head felt like it banging. I shut my eyes closed and clutched my head.

"Miss! Please restrain yourself from moving too much."

"Yes, your body is still weak from the seeds that were inserted inside you." I opened my eyes and looked up to see flying blue fire. My eyes widened in shock as I just stared at them.

"Please stay here this time. Master Tomoe has instructed us to watch over you until he returns with your meal." I snapped out of my trance and looked at them confused.

"Meal? Why would he do that?"

"We are not so sure ourselves. Master Tomoe has never done something like this, even to his brother Akura-Ou." Tomoe... He is doing this for me? For a moment, I forgot all the terrible things he has done to me and believed that Tomoe does really care. I smiled as I turn to face to the flying blue fires.

"Do any of you have names?" I asked politely,

"We are just fox fire summoned only when Master Tomoe needs us to do his bidding. We do not have names." One of them answered,

"Okay, well my name is Kimiko Minori." Suddenly I heard wind blowing outside the door.

"Master Tome has returned!"

"Which means it is time for us to leave for we have finished our duty." The door opens and I see Tomoe standing by the entrance holding a basket over his shoulder.

"Farewell Lady Kimiko" They all said as they disappeared into the air.

"Here, I eat this." Tomoe said as he placed the basket in front of me. I opened the basket and saw fish inside but they were still alive!

"They're still alive!!" I yelled, quickly closing the basket. Tomoe looked frustrated and took out his katana. He opens the basket and throws all the fish in the air and cuts all their head off in one slice.

"Are you satisfied now?" He said turning his head to look at me but, when his head turned to me, I threw a fish head at him.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR-?!" He scolded me, but when he saw I was covered in fish heads, Tomoe stopped talking and covering his mouth while looking away. I looked at him confused until I looked down to see my white kimono was see through. My face immediately turned red and I covered myself with a blanket.

"Here wear this." Said Tomoe as he handed me a kimono. 

"Not until you give me my privacy." I said while glaring at him. He walked out of the room, but before he did, Tomoe glanced at me. I looked at the kimono and noticed it was in fact a female's kimono. Why does he have a female kimono? I shook the thought off and began to undress myself.