Meeting The Parker's

"Underwear"

"Check"

"Clothes"

"Check"

"Toiletries"

"Check"

"Posters"

"Check"

"Okay, I got everything,  just need to zip it up" I mumbled to myself.

I tried zipping up the stupid suitcase but it would not budge. 

"Zip up! This... Is... So... Annoying..." I screamed while jumping on my suitcase.

"Need help?" Mom asked out of nowhere.

"Yeah, the suitcase won't close" I replied.

"Sit on it" She demanded.

I complied.  I sat on the suitcase and she carefully zipped it up with no struggle. 

How did she do that? I thought.

"Just, years of experience" She smiled as she saw the surprise on my face.

I took my suitcase down and loaded it into my red Ferrari. 

Yes, I am a part of a wealthy family.

 My mom owns her own billion-dollar company and gifted the car to me as a sweet sixteen present. 

I've had the car for a year now and I treat it like my baby, I love it so much.

"Mom you are going to be late for your flight!" I shouted.

"Okay, Okay Coming!" She replied.

She came outside and headed towards her limo, mumbling items off her checklist.

"Bye mom, I'll miss you" I hugged her, as she was about to get into the limo.

"Don't forget to be polite to Melissa and her family when you reach her house. I also texted you her address and number just in case." She said in a disciplining manner.

"Don't worry I will mom, enjoy your trip, I love you" I replied, assuring her I will be on my best behaviour.

"Bye, I love you sweetie!" She waved while sending flying kisses through her window.

"Bye!" I waved back.

I got into my car and turned up my Stereo to Justin Bieber's song 'Baby'.

"This is my jam" I shouted.

"Baby, baby, baby, oh!"

"I thought you'd always be mine."

I sang on the top of my lungs, all the way to Melissa's house.

As I drove up into the driveway, I see a guy my age heading inside the house. Hmm maybe that's Melissa's son I swear I've seen that boy before.

I brought my 500-pound luggage to the front door. Wow this house is a mansion, I thought.

I rang the doorbell but no one came out, so I decided to walk in.

"Hello?" I said. No response.

"Hello?" I said again a bit louder while walking inside, no response.

"Hello!?" I yelled.

"Oh I'm so sorry dear" a woman said.

"Hello, I'm Crystal's daughter, Katelyn, but you can call me Kate" I introduced myself.

"Oh, why hello Kate, I'm Melissa." She replied.

"Would you like to take your luggage upstairs?" she asked

"Oh yes please," I replied while struggling to carry the suitcase.

"Kate, that's probably heavy let me get my son to take it to your room, he can show you around" She suggested.

I swear I saw her wink at me, maybe not. I shrugged it off.

"Jake! Come downstairs sweetie" Melissa shouted out.

"It's the weekend so the staff is off duty" She exclaimed.

By staff she meant the housekeepers, butlers, drivers, etc. I usually do everything myself anyway, I'm not used to relying on others while many people of the same status quo rely on personal help.

Both Melissa and I were standing in awkward silence waiting for her son, who was taking forever to come downstairs.

As her son approached the stairways, I noticed that he seemed vaguely familiar.

No way! The guy coming down the stairs... it.... it.. it can't be!

Her son is Jake Parker! the school's bad boy! Shit, I'm screwed, I have to tell my boyfriend, Caleb that I am staying here for a year....soon.

"Are you going to drool over me for the whole year?" Jake asked.

"I'm not staring at you" I declared

"Every girl does" he stated

"I'm not like other girls" I snapped

"That's what they all say" he murmured.

"What did you just say?" I asked, pissed off.

"Nothing" he smirked

"Are you going to show me my room? and take my luggage?" I raised my eyebrows

"Looks like Goodie Goodie has an attitude" Jake teased.

"Whatever, you don't even know me," I grumbled

"Elevator is this way" He said while motioning towards the elevator.

I clicked the button to go up, and the golden elevator opens.

"Wow!" I whispered

"Never seen an elevator before?" Jake asked.

"I have, but not a gold one" I answered while taking in the small details of the house.

I never knew his house would be like this. Everywhere I looked the attention to detail was astonishing, I guess his mom loves to decorate.

We stood in the elevator and it was the most awkward moment I've ever had. we stood there in silence the whole time.

The elevator doors finally opened.

"Follow me" Jake demanded.

I followed him to my room, and the room was huge and green-themed.

"Like it?" he asked.

I was at a loss for words as I was staring at the greenery around my room, it was as if I was living in an enchanted forest.

He stared at me like I was insane.

"I love it!" I declared.

He smirked.

"Here" he said handing me my suitcase.

"Aren't you going to show me around this huge mansion?" I asked?

"Nope, you can figure it out yourself" He said as he exited the room.

I sighed.

I guess I'll ask the staff when they're on duty since Jake has decided to be a world-class dick.

I grabbed my phone to call Caleb.

This is going to be a long year, I thought...

Don't forget to....

Vote

Comment

Thank You!