Hospital

"Ugh" I grunted.

I was being awakened by a stupid beeping sound, as the sun hit my face. I slowly got up from the bed, and sat down.

"Where am I?" I thought.

I don't remember what happened yesterday....... Why am I here? Why am I in the hospital? I looked around the room and found Caleb asleep on the chair.

"Caleb?" I asked.

"Hmmm?" Caleb groaned while rubbing his eyes.

"Why am I at the hospital?" I asked.

"Oh yeah... you're here because-" Caleb started, but was interrupted by the nurse.

"Hello, my name is Mr.Smith and I will be checking to see if you're all right" he informed.

"Okay?" I replied

"How are you feeling, Ms.Roads?" Mr.Smith asked.

"Dizzy and I have a massive headache" I honestly informed him.

"Okay, make sure to get a lot of rest then," Mr.Smith said while checking his clipboard.

"Mr.Smith?" I asked.

"Yes?" he lifted one of his eyebrows in question.

"Why am I here?" I asked.

"What happened?"

"Do you not remember anything?" he asked.

"If I did I wouldn't have asked you" I sassed.

He sighed.

"Ms.Roads, as far as I know, you fell off your balcony, hit your head and a young boy brought you here. You also had a minor head concussion, that's why you are here" he smiled.

"Why did I fall off the balcony?" I asked.

"I don't know" He shrugged.

"Oh, and by the way Ms.Roads you can go home if you would like, you just need a parent/guardian to sign some papers" he notified.

"Thanks!" I mumbled and laid back down.

As the doctor closed the door, I started to wonder... Why did I jump from the balcony? Was I drunk? Did someone make me? Why would I be so stupid?

I was interrupted by Caleb sitting next to me.

"Caleb, do you know why I jumped off the balcony?" I asked.

He pursed his lips. "Well..."

"Well, what?" I frowned.

"I wanted to do those things in movies, you know... How the girlfriend jumps and the boyfriend catches them?" he said while scratching his neck in fear.

I nodded in response for him to keep going.

"Well, I told you to jump, and you did. I was 100% sure in myself that I would catch you, but you fell instead"

"I'm so sorry Kate, I didn't mean for you to get hurt, it's all my fault." He looked guilty.

"Caleb, it's fine it wasn't your intention to hurt me" I stated.

"So, you're not mad at me?" He asked in surprise.

"No" I said firmly.

"Okay" he whispered.

We sat in awkward silence for about 5 minutes, till Ms.Parker came rushing into the room.

"Oh, honey sweetie are you all right?" she asked.

I smiled "Yes, Ms.Parker I'm fine"

"The doctor said I could go home, but I need a parent/guardian to sign some paperwork" I informed her.

"Okay, I'll be right back" she left.

"Who was that?" Caleb asked concerned.

Oh, shoot I guess this is the way I have to tell him, sigh.

"My mom is friends with Ms.Parker, so while my mom is on her trip I have to stay with them." I shrugged.

"Parker? As in Jake Parker?" He frowned.

"Uhm yeah...." I hesitated

"You know, you can stay with me right?" He offered.

"Caleb, I know it's just my mom's orders, and if she finds out I would probably be dead," I said.

"You have to trust me".

He thought for a while.

"Okay" He sighed

"I trust you, but if he does anything to you, there will be one less Parker" He cackled.

A couple of minutes later, Ms.Parker came and told us that I could leave. We headed to the exit door when I saw Jake standing there with Sophie. I wonder why he came.

I shrugged.

I kissed Caleb goodbye and headed out.

Sophie wanted to sit in the front and I was so surprised when Ms.Parker let her, since it's a hazard.

A couple of minutes of silence and Jake had to break it.

Jake leaned towards me and asked, "Who's the douche, you were talking to?"

I was surprised by his question.

"My boyfriend!?" I exclaimed

"Who are you calling a douche? Cuz the only douche I see is the one sitting next to me", I whispered.

"You don't know what he hides, Barbie" he said.

"You don't know him, and he doesn't hide anything," I said.

"We'll see about that" he smirked.

I rolled my eyes, and stared at the trees passing by.

Caleb doesn't hide shit, Jake is just trying to get in my head. I reminded myself.

A/N:

What is Caleb hiding?

Is Jake trying to help Kate?

Don't forget to...

Follow

Vote

Comment

Share