Chapter 2

Tigerkit found his brothers sitting down by the deputy of SmallClan. He titled his head and crept up next to them.

"Well hello Tigerkit. Nice to see you come over here. Want to hear a story about the clan as well?" The deputy asked. The stripped tom looked around not sure if he should.

"I- I don't know. Um..." The tom stuttered trying to think quickly.

"Come on Tigerkit! It will be fun. We can learn about the history of the clan!" Silverkit said with a huge smile as he looked back at the uncertain tom. Cheetahkit nodded from next to Silverkit.

"It sure will be. Don't you want to know about the clan and how the leaders of it came to make it and how everyone got to rule it?" Cheetahkit asked but more quietly. Tigerkit took a small breath trying to wonder over the decision.

He could learn about how Smallstar made the clan. He had wondered about that before. He also wanted to know about the other leaders. He knew there was Smallstar but he didn't know his successor. Then after that successor, there was Junglestar. He was the leader when Shadow was born. After he died, Heatstar took over. He didn't know a lot about all of the leaders either. Hopefully the old deputy could tell him more about all of that.

"Can you tell us about how Smallstar started SmallClan? Can you tell us about his successor? What about Junglestar or Heatstar?" The tom asked with his eyes wide and full of excitement. He wanted to learn about the leaders so that he could try to be one as well. It couldn't be that hard if a young tom like Heatstar could do it.

"I can tell you whatever you like. I can even tell you some stories about your mother. I was her mentor when she was in the clan." The deputy chuckled making all three of the toms gasp in surprise.

"She used to belong to SmallClan? I thought she was born a rouge." Silverkit said first.

"How was she as an apprentice?" Cheetahkit asked quietly.

"You were her mentor? Were you a good mentor?" Tigerkit asked next with his dark brown eyes wide.

"Yes. I used to be her mentor until she was exiled. She was born into SmallClan but then exiled for something her sister did. She went with her parents and her sister. I don't know much more about while she was a rouge except she found another pack of rouges and her sister started to kill them. They came to our territory and then were sent away when Shadow's mate died. Smokepaw knows more about the pack than I do." The deputy explained making all the kits lean in with curiosity.

"What did her sister do?" Cheetahkit asked.

"Why did she leave with her?" Silverkit asked next.

"Why did the pack leave the territory? I thought Shadow's mate was still alive too." Tigerkit said confused now.

"Well, I guess we have a lot to talk about then." Heavyclaw said as he curled his tail around his paws.