Chapter 3

The three toms settled down in front of the deputy. The light grey she cat apprentice came over before the deputy started to explain and titled her head. Tigerkit scooted closer to his brothers so that she cat could sit down if she wanted.

"Hello Smokepaw. Want to learn about SmallClan and then fill us in on parts about the rouge clan Shadow was in?" Heavyclaw asked the apprentice who was around the same as Halfpaw and Snowpaw but was made an apprentice early since she could already defend for herself.

"Sure. I would love to learn about the clan. I don't know how much I can give you about the pack, but I can try." Smokepaw said as she settled herself next to the kits.

"It all started with two brothers called Tiny and Burn. They were the best of friends and wanted to protect each other first. They didn't care what it was that they were against. They always stuck together. They both took mates around the same time and had kits. They had heard a group of cats called clans from somewhere else. They figured they could do the same thing if they could get a few more rouges.

"There was a few problems with making one clan between the two of them. They both had a different set of rules that they wanted for their warriors. There was also the problem that their mates hated each other. They decided to make two different clans but vowed to always protect each other.

"Tiny became Smallstar, the leader of SmallClan. Burn became Burntstar, the leader of BurntClan. The two brothers kept their promise to each other until they died. Two more clans came to their area and they were always wanting to fight. That was BoneClan and MistClan.

"The leader after Smallstar was called Havenstar. She was the grandkit of Smallstar. She took over the clan at a young age as well. She led the clan well but she did become mates with a cat from another clan. She should never have made the mistake. His name was Flarestar. He was only called Flaregrowl at the time.

"He was driven by the fact that he couldn't ever be with her. He drove himself crazy. He eventually became the leader of MistClan. He was a cruel leader. He never attacked any of the other clans but he took his anger out on his own clanmates. He made them battle each other to the death if they had done something he didn't like. If he found a rouge, he would keep them and figure out if they could fight. If they could, they became one of his warriors. If they could not, they would die at the spot they stood.

"Havenstar couldn't stand to see her mate being driven crazy and died of grief. After she died, Junglestar became the leader. He always wanted to take Flarestar down, but he didn't attack any of the other clans so they had nothing to do to him." Heavyclaw started on the first half of the history of SmallClan.