T W ♡

They sat at the table with Ronald and his new girlfriend, Kriss Ambers, who were supposed to sit with the family and the couple but refused, Harry, his fiancee, Cho Chang, Pansy Parkinson and Theodore Nott who both came single, and Luna Lovegood who would have brought Neville Longbottom if he didn't have a herbology convention to attend to.

Eventually, everyone at the table had left, either to get food, drinks, or go speak with some of the guests, leaving Hermione and Draco alone. Draco still felt sour about the whole thing and the effect it had on Hermione. He was never one for touchy feely, so instead he forced his feeling to anger. Hermione, even though a bit more calm and understanding, had also resorted to irritation with the two. Ginny may be her best friend, but now not only did she hurt her, but she hurt Draco. That crossed a line.

"Ugh, aren't they just sick?" she hissed, tossing her head towards the larger table were Blaise and Ginny were kissing passionately.

"Tell me about it. They've been inseparable for nearly two year, can't they stop snogging for once? I mean come on, it's their wedding."

"This is not their wedding. You know that better than I do."

"I can't believe this. We bent over backwards to make this day perfect and they could care less."

"Honesty! But, in their defense, it is their wedding day. But it isn't my fault they act like every day is their wedding," Hermione huffed and fell back in her chair, crossing her arms.

"Yeah, one day I can understand. But every day? They're barking. And get this, Blaise hasn't even told his mother yet. Even I would have told my mum and we aren't on speaking terms!"

"Wait, wait, his mother doesn't know he's getting married? Merlin, if I was getting married my parents would be the first ones I would tell."

"That's not the worst part. His mother is blaming me! We've been friends so long she thinks I'm the reason she hasn't seen her son in years. She's made my life living Hell since they got together."

Hermione scoffed. "And now they are rewarded with the wedding of their life when they've done nothing to deserve what we went through to get it to them!"

"A 'thank you' would've been nice."

"I just can't believe them. They were cute at first, but now? Just, seriously?"

"You know what we should do?" Hermione raised her eyebrows and set down her glass she had just taken her first sip from. "We should crash the wedding."

"Draco!"

"Come on, think about it! We did everything. You said yourself they don't deserve this. We should take it from them."

"As much as I would love that I couldn't possible hurt them in that way. They are still our friends after all."

"Friends that bring us to tears at their wedding? And not tears of joy. Friends who shut us out for years? Friends who throw all the hard work on us? Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed spending time with you again, but I hate it being on these terms. Come on, Granger. There's got to be some part of you that wants to get back at them."

She thought for a moment. "And if there was, if I did want to get back, not that I do," she quickly clarified. "But if I did, what would you have in mind?"

"Well when I envisioned my wedding I know that I wanted all the spotlight. I wanted the night to be about me and my wife and no one else."

"You would have had a wedding at night?" He nodded sheepishly. Hermione smiled. "Me too." Draco cracked a smile and sipped his drink, averting his eyes. "Anyways, sorry, continue."

"Well, I'm sure that Ginny and Blaise like their spotlight. So, I was thinking, steal the spotlight, steal the wedding."

"I don't follow."

"In all the movies and televison shows I've watched with weddings in them, they always end horribly when the groom's idiotic Best Man proposes during the Best Man Speech."

"I see. Did you have someone in mind?" Hermione tried to hide her blush while keeping her eyes on her glass. Draco thankfully didn't notice.

"Well, no," he lied easily. "But I was thinking maybe someone else could. I know Ron and Kriss aren't engaged yet." His voice almost faltered. When he finished he slipped his hand into his pocket and felt the cold metal under his fingers, molded into a perfect sliver circle. He dropped it when she spoke

"We can't just force him to propose, especially if he doesn't want to or isn't ready. And what if Kriss says 'no'? That would be mortifying."

"It would still steal the show." She sighed. "But I see where you're getting at. We could still try though. I'll talk to Ron and you talk to Kriss. We'll find out as much as we can about where they stand, then figure it out from there."

"You are horrible, you know that?" He barely laughed and she giggled. "Honestly, it's not a bad idea. But still..."

"I can try and think of something else but that's really all I got."

"I get the feeling you've been planning this little scheme for a while now." He smirked devishly. "And since when did I become your partner in crime?"

"Well when we were thirteen we used to be, but we both know that story. But he's gone now, so I think it's time you refill your post." She smiled at him knowingly. He is gone.

"I guess it's about time for me to use my Gryffindor bravery and courage for something. Let's do it."