T H R E E

Draco found Ron standing alone at then buffet table. Perfect. The two had made up when Ginny started dating Blaise. Ron, being a rather overprotective older brother would come with them on their dates and Draco, being Blaise's go to wingman, would be dragged along as well. Spending so much time together they really had no choice.

"Hey, mate. Enjoying the wedding?"

"Hey. Draco. You and Hermione really out did yourselves with this."

"Ah, it was nothing."

"Seriously, this is amazing. If my wedding was even half of what this is I would be more than happy."

"That reminds me, how are things going with Kriss?"

"Oh, you know. We're doing better but I don't know. I like her, but we're two very different people, you know?"

"Yeah, I get that. The only girl I ever actually liked is so different from me that if we ever got together it would be Hell for the both of us."

Ron nodded, gulping at his drink. "Women. Love 'em but they drive you crazy. What's a man to do?"

"That's the golden question isn't it? Sometimes I just want to propose, lock things in or get rejected and know that it's not going to work, get over her. But I never could. She probably hates me." Again, he shoved his hand in his pocket and grabbed metal loop. "But you?" he continued. "I have no doubt Kriss would say yes."

"Whoa, whoa, wait right there. Are you trying to say I should propose to Kriss?"

"I'm not trying to tell you to do anything. I'm just saying, if I was you and I really wanted to be with her, I'd want to have a ring on her fingers as soon as I could."

"Yeah, but we've only been dating for a few months. She would never say yes."

"I beg to differ."

"Come on, Draco. We both know that it just couldn't happen. Not this soon. But I do hope things work out for you and that girl you're chasing after. If she doesn't want to go out with a guy like you, it's her loss."

Draco lowered his head and said, "Yeah, her loss," but he wasn't really talking to Ron anymore. He was too lost in thought. He hoped Hermione was doing better than he was.

"Hi Kriss," Hermione greeted the black haired witch joyfully, grabbing a drink from the table she leaned on and turning to face her.

"Oh, hey, Hermione. What's up?"

"Not much. I was just making rounds and saw you over here alone. Thought you could use some company."

"Well, thank you. I'm fine though, just admiring the decor. You set it up, right?"

"Well I can't take all the credit. Draco was a huge help. I wouldn't have been able to hang half of the lanters and flowers without his height." They shared a chuckle, then got quiet.

"What's going on with you two? I mean, I know that you used to hate each other, but having to work with him on this? That must have been hard. Still, you both seem fine."

"Draco and I have put our differences aside. We are actually pretty good friends now."

"It's great to hear that Hermione. I wish the same went for Ron and I."

"Are things not going well with you?"

"Honestly? No. I wish that we could put our differences behind us like you and Draco, but it's just so hard. What if we are too different to make it work?" Kriss had tears in her eyes and was tugging on one of the curls that had escaped her bun.