Run Toward God

Jacob had a job at a local restaurant, where he washed dishes and saved enough money to buy a cheap Toyota hatcback. Jacob was fighting with his mother and sister on a daily basis and decided to run away from home. The alignment was so bad on the Toyota hatchback that the inside tread was gone revealing the wires underneath the rubber. Jacob threw on some duct tape and he was off. He was traveling south bound on the 101 freeway when he began to lose control of the car, there were sparks raining across his left shoulder up the driver's side window. Jacob looked out the windshield to see his tire rolling off in front of the vehicle down the 101 freeway. The car swerved going into the lane next to me, he struggled to get it off the road. Jacob parked, left the car there and walked to Taurus' house.

While at Taurus' home getting high and drinking heavily with a group of his friends. They decided to raid a refrigerated trailer that parked in a vacant lot a block away. They stole frozen hamburgers, cheese and potato salad. The group took the food back up to Taurus' home and began to cook the food on an open pit they had in the back yard.

They decided to walk to the local bowling alley where Jacob ran into a couple of girls he knew. The girls followed the boys back to Taurus', Jacob was trashed and became intimate with one of the girls (Natasha) in the dark in the back yard next to the fire pit after everyone had gone inside.

The next thing Jacob knew the flood light for the back yard, lighting the two up while the group was standing in the window laughing and staring at them screwing. Jacob took both girls back down to the empty lot falling asleep with them in his arms, one on both sides.

Jacob woke up several days later to pee and it felt like fire was traveling out of his penis. Come to find out later Natasha had given him the gift that keeps giving.

Jacob would spend the days that he could with Brandon in his apartment, smoking cocaine. Brandon's apartment would have little tack holes along the windows of his place from the tacking the curtains shut out of paranoia.

One night Brandon, Mark, Calvin and Jacob attended a concert at a winery across the street from my father's home. They ran into Mary one of the prettier girls in town and Brandon started making out with her. The group was drinking and getting high on the grassy amphitheater overlooking the stage below when Mary decided she had to pee, as a matter of fact she said "I have to pee" Mary pulled up her skirt squatted and pissed in front of us all. The pee ran down the grass onto the couples blanket that they were sitting on in front of us, the boyfriend said" excuse me but you are peeing on our blanket". Mary giggled, stood up while trying to pull up her skirt. Jacob was walking toward the stage when he saw his step mother in the arms of another man (not my father). She looked at Jacob and he looked at her. Jacob tried to forget about that night and did not tell his father about it until twenty years had passed.

Mark Calvin and Jacob would travel to Bakersfield once a week to pick up drugs from either the Mexican Cartel or Filipino mafia and normally on our ride back we would use small back roads. Some days we took the normal highway like Highway 46, Jacob would sometimes see a vehicle waiting for us at the county line and then following us into town. Jacob began seeing vehicles parking in front of my home up the street from Mark's home. Jacob could tell they were undercover police watching Mark's house. He told Mark about the cops, but Mark thought he had it under control. Well a couple of weeks later Mark's home was invaded by the DEA and was the first time Mark went to prison.

The day before Mark had to go to prison, Jacob bought an old Honda civic of his for $50.00. Jacob had not had the vehicle long when he had driven with a coworker at a Chinese food restaurant where he got a job as a server. Looking back on it the server job was Jacob's favorite job. Jacob would get to take the leftovers from the all you can eat bar home. He would leave with Dino his coworker the Chinese food and tips and hit the local liquor store. We would buy some beer and one night decided to drive to the river bed behind the Mental Hospital where they drank and ate Chinese food. They had drunk until passing out in the car.