First Marriage

First Marriage

Well Jacob met his first wife and really married her to get out of the military barracks and live in a regular type of housing style. Well they moved in together and Jacob moved his drinking habit right in too. Jacob would bring a twelve pack home most days and drink six to twelve beers a night.

Jacob enjoyed being outside, hunting and fishing in Georgia but as time passed he spent more time at home drinking. Jacob began to include mixed drinks along with beer to get a better buzz. He would drink hard alcohol often when he had friends over.

Well returning from his first deployment changed all of that. Jacob had seen friends and coworkers die leaving their families fatherless. He had been there when innocent blood was shed and relationships failed at home because their husbands were gone fighting a war in a land they will never know.

Jacob got home from the first deployment is 2006 and began drinking a half of a fifth of vodka a night, normally with beer. Eight months later he was deployed again to Iraq with another unit, his mother passed away and Jacob got a divorce from his wife. Our tour was extended to fifteen months instead of twelve and Jacob felt cheated by God and life.

Jacob married again they immediately had their first son. The marriage was not the best nor did it start well. But he wanted a family and I managed to slow my drinking down and tried to control it. They had another son less than a year apart.

Jacob was again about to deploy to Iraq for a third time. He had left for another military school in Florida. Down from our hotel was a Hooter's, Jacob and his army buddy would stop in after class to drink. They had gotten back to their hotel room when Jacob received a phone call from one of the Hooters girls. She asked if she could come over. Jacob said yes, she brought more alcohol, Jacob took heads and my buddy took tales. Two weeks after Jacob's second son was born two weeks before he deployed to Iraq a third time.

Jacob and his wife had a new home built for us that my new family moved into while he was deployed. Their marriage began to crumble as well as Jacob's career continued on a downward spiral starting from his second deployment.

Jacob returned to a ruined career and found out he would be going on a recruiting assignment. Jacob left to attend school, drinking heavily and just squeaking by school. His wife was now pregnant with their third son. Jacob was looking forward to the recruiting assignment where he could be home every day for his family without being deployed. Well Jacob got home to find all of my belongings in boxes. Jacob's wife had considerately packed all of his belongings in boxes and placed them in the garage.

Jacob's third son was born in Fort Lewis Washington and two days later he was on his way to Los Angeles on a recruiting assignment. Jacob crawled in a bottle that took him years to climb out of. Jacob couldn't deal with the separation between himself and his sons and started drinking a half a fifth to ¾ of a fifth in the evening while crying himself to sleep almost every night.

Jacob began to find women with vulnerabilities so that he could seduce them, become intimate with them and leave them after he had them fall in love with him.

Jacob woke up with bad shakes one morning and my ex wife (a nurse) explained that he needed to have a beer. So once Jacob learned that a beer would keep him straight during the day he would have one on mornings that were hard, to include half of the mornings. Some days he could make it until noon and begin drinking a beer or two at lunch. Often Jacob could not wait to drive to El Segundo where he would grab a couple of beers after dropping off applicants nearby. Jacob would sometimes drink at a restaurant and some days he would swing by the Rite Aid and grab vodka and tea on his way to the beach in El Segundo where he would mix my elixir and drink until it was time to pick up his army applicants. He would drive sometimes with the tea can full of vodka, back into Los Angeles with our applicants. Jacob would drop them off pick up my car grab a 24 oz beer for the ride home and start drinking wine or vodka.

Jacob became involved with one of the applicants out of a moment of weakness and poor decision making due to the large amounts of despair and hopelessness.