Chapter 8: Til Death Do Us Part

My father was standing right in front of me. I couldn't believe my eyes. I felt different emotions as he was standing there. I was happy, excited, upset, but overjoyed. I wanted to cry, but I wanted to smile. I didn't know what to do, think, or say. I just jumped at him and hugged him. He began to cry and so did I. My dad was back home. Officer Watson took Angela in which released my dad for a crime he didn't commit. I was so happy.

"I can't believe you're here. I know I walked out before last time we talked, but I missed you. This is just so crazy. You're actually standing in front of me as a free man". "I know baby girl, but I'm here. And I will do right by you and Ryan from now on. Because what happened to Lorraine shouldn't have happened. I will always protect you guys". 

We continued to hug one another. Despite everything, I missed my father. I just hope we can really work on a steady relationship. I brought him into the house and into the kitchen so that Ryan could see him. They hugged for a very long time and I left them to talk. I went back to the party and stood by Kendra. She was about to open all her gifts. 

"This is from my friend Christian. It says 'Congrats on the baby, be safe, and have fun. Raising a baby isn't easy, but you have many people that care for you, so they'll help. I just won't be one of those people'. Aw, thank you Chris," Kendra read on one of the cards. She continued reading the cards and opening the gifts. One card was from Paige. She almost threw it in her face, but she realized she was in front of a lot of people. Paige gave her some baby clothes and a walker, which was nice of her. 

My dad and Ryan joined after a while. I kept staring at Paige's baby almost the whole time. I was trying to figure out if he looked like Deandre or not. He did kind of favor him from what I saw. If it is his baby, it's not like I can be mad. They were dating and stuff way before I came into the picture. It'd be one thing if they messed around while we were together. I'd be furious if that happened. I wanted to ask her who the baby father was so bad, but I said to myself that I'll wait. I also had to make sure the baby didn't look like Tre either.

The doorbell rung and Ty went to go answer it. It was Kendra's mom and dad at the door. Ty stopped them before they could enter. "Hey, I don't think Kendra wants you guys here," Ty said to them. "What do you mean? I'm her father, of course she wants me here". They started to argue with Ty until Kendra and I came to the door. "What are you doing? Why are you guys here," Kendra asked them. "We heard about the baby shower and wanted to come and support you," Her mom said. "Well, I don't want you guys here. I'm good. Ty, make sure they don't come in". 

"Kendra get your ass back here right now," Her dad yelled. "No! You think you can just come back after four years and tell me what to do? I'm not a little girl anymore. I've erased you from my life years ago when you let that man sit there and rape me in front of you. You're no longer welcomed in my life. You are a non mother fucking factor to me. You're to dead. And mom, it's only a matter of time before the truth comes out. And you're going to regret ever not believing me".

She walked away and went back to the party. Her parents left their gifts and argued on the way back home. Ty and I didn't know what to say, but we were proud of her for standing up to them like that. The baby shower continued with different games for the guest and everyone had fun. Soon, Ryan had to go and grab the cake for Kendra. Kendra was excited and happy throughout the day, despite her parents showing up uninvited. 

"Alright people. Here's the cake. Kendra, I hope you enjoy this because I put a lot of work into this cake," Ryan said as he brought the cake to her. "I do. Thank you guys so much. I just want to say thank you to everyone for coming. I can't tell you how grateful I am that you all are here. This day has been amazing. I have some of the best friends anyone could ask for. I need to come up with baby names soon because he'll be here next month".

Everyone smiled and clapped for Kendra. Ty interrupted everyone clapping after a while to talk. "Can I please have everyone's attention. I know this is Kendra's day, but I think it could be both of our days". "Ty, what the fuck are you doing," I asked him as he walked in front of the crowd towards Kendra. 

"Ken, I'm so happy that you're pregnant. This is an amazing moment for me. I'm having my first child with someone I truly love, even though we haven't been together very long. I can't wait for the day we teach our son how to walk and talk. I can't wait for him to wake up to both of our faces. Overall Kendra, I love you to death. I would do anything for you. I knew the first time I met you, I would be hooked. I've never met anyone with such passion and full of life and love like you. That's why I want to make it official on this day specifically. Kendra Monaé Brookes, will you marry me".....