Chapter 10: Kyler

"What? What do you mean she's in the hospital. What the fuck happen". "You just need to be here. It's really urgent. Hurry". He hung up after that. I told my dad and Ryan about how she's in the hospital and we all rushed as fast as we could. When I got there, I asked every doctor for her room number. I was panicking so much; my heart was beating so fast because I was so scared. I didn't know what happened to my best friend. She could been in labor or something and I'm missing every moment. Someone was finally helping me, and he was pretty cute too.

The doctor directed us to where Kendra was. When we got to her, she looked as if she was dead. Tyler was in the room with her, but he also looked dead. I started to cry in my daddy's arm. I was so lost and had no idea what was going on. 

"Kendra and Tyler were found in a river while inside their car. We are not sure what happened, but we figured drunk driving. Luckily a bystander called us immediately or they could have been dead," The doctor said to us. "Doc, are you serious? They weren't even drinking. Are you sure it drunk driving?" I asked him. "Well, we were lucky enough to save both of them. When they woke up, they weren't able to speak just yet, so they're resting. Once they wake up, we'll ask more questions".

"Where's Tre?". "Oh, he's in the next room with his brother". "His brother?". "Yes, mam. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go check on another patient. If either of them wake before I come back, please call for me. My name is Dr. Brown". "Thank you doc". I hovered over Kendra waiting for her to wake. Ryan and my dad waited in the waiting room. "You ok?" Tre asked when he came in the room.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thank you for calling me". "No problem. If it was my best friend I would want someone to call me too". "True. Why are you here?". "My brother got tackled really bad at his football game tonight. He might have to have surgery". "Damn, on what?". "His left leg. I'm just scared for him because he's in a lot of pain and he's only sixteen". "I feel really bad". "Don't. Because then it's not about you, and we all know Zee only cares about herself". "That's not fair. And If I only cared for myself then I wouldn't be here". "Well sorry, she doesn't care about me".

"Tre, I do care about you. I love you. But, I'm not going to be in a relationship with you". "Whatever Zee". "So, when's his surgery? Are they going to do it tonight?". "No, they still running some test to see if he needs the surgery first. If he does, they'll do it first thing in the morning unless it really needs to be done now". "Oh ok. well, I hope everything will be ok with him". Kendra started to move around a little.

"Kendra? KENDRA!".  She started to wake up slowly. "Oh my God. Bitch, you good?". "Why you yelling Zee?". "I'm sorry. I'm just excited". "I'll leave you two too talk. I have to go check on my brother anyway". Tre left and Kendra started telling me how they ended up in the river.

"So, we were arguing about the ring and stuff before we left the house. I don't know Zee, I'm just not ready to get married yet. I'm not. I love him but, I'm not ready. It's only been eight months. Who gets married in eight months? Anyways, when we got in the car, we were arguing some more. We were going back and forth and he stopped paying attention to the road for like two minutes because he was yelling at me. That's when I saw this big ass truck coming towards us honking his horn. When I saw it, I tried to grab the wheel to get out of the way, but I think I turned the wheel way too much and we ended up falling off a bridge into the river. I was so scared Zee. We were struggling to get out, but our seat belts were stuck. I blacked out after that. When I woke up, so many doctors were over me trying to revive me".

"Jesus Ken. I'm glad you're ok. That's really some scary shit yo". "I know". "What they say about the baby". "I didn't get to ask when I woke up. But I'm really scared because I haven't felt him kick in a minute. Usually he's being a busy body. I'm scared Zee". "It's going to be ok. I'll call the doctor back in and he'll check for you". I called for Dr. Brown and told him Kendra was awake.

"Hey Ken". "Hey Moe". "Wait, you two know each other?". "Yeah," started Kendra. "This is Maurice. Chris' boyfriend". "Oh wow. Nice to meet you!". That's crazy that Kendra's ex's boyfriend was her doctor. And he was cute. Why do all the cute guys have to be gay? Maurice checked Kendra's vitals and everything else to make sure that she was fine. He also checked to see if the baby still had a heartbeat.

"Well Ken, the baby's heart is still in good condition. He's going to be fine". "Thank the Lord. I was so scared that I Lost my baby". Soon, Ty started to wake up, and the doctor checked him as well. Ty tried to apologize to Kendra and tell her that he loves her. They were both fine and that's all that mattered. I went into Cameron's room to see if he and Tre were ok. Tre was taking this surgery thing pretty hard. I talked to Tre outside of the room to comfort him.

"What if something goes wrong during surgery". "It won't Tre. And you can't think like that. It's going to be ok because he is going to come out of the surgery room way stronger than when he went in. It's ok". "I'm trying to think positive. I really am". "I'm here to think positive for you". The doctor came out of the room to let us know that he will be going into surgery in a few hours. He went into the room to talk to his brother, but I decided to stand outside and wait for him to come back out.

My dad and Ryan decided to go home after being in the hospital for so long. Tre told them that he would take me home. My dad wasn't having it at first, but we convinced him. Once they left, I went into Ty and Ken's room to check on them before I left. Maurice said that Ty should be able to go in two days, but Kendra would have to remain there until the end of her pregnancy. He said it was for safety reasons.

After I said my goodbyes to them, I went to Cameron's room. Tre told me that after her takes me home he will come back to be here for his brother's surgery. I told him that I could stay, but he insisted that I go. On the way home, we hardly talked. I felt really bad because I've never seen Tre so upset before. It made me want to be there for him and comfort him. 

"Thanks for taking me home". "No problem. I'll see you some other time I guess". "Tre, it's ok to call me if you want. You know, to talk and stuff". "Thanks Zee. I'll see you around". He drove off and I went in the house and went straight to sleep. The next morning, Tre called me. "Zee, you awake?". "I am not. What's up?". "Cameron just got out of surgery". "Oh ok. What happened? Is he ok?". "He's fine. The doctor said he'll have to stay here for about a month and then after that, just therapy for about six months to a year". "See, I told you everything will be ok". 

"Yeah, I guess you did. Thanks again". "No problem". The conversation ended there. As days and days went on, Tre and I talked a little more, and Ty and I visited Ken every day damn near. I haven't talked to or heard anything from Deandre in so long. I've tried calling him twice within the last month and he wouldn't answer. I texted him on thanksgiving, but no answer there either. 

It was getting closer to christmas and I didn't know what to get my dad. I mean, I hardly know him to be honest. Tre gave me a few ideas so I went from there. Tre and I were hanging out at the movies one day; just something simple. In the middle of the movie, I got a call from Ty telling me that the baby was on the way. We rushed to the hospital as fast as we could. This was so exciting for me.

The baby was finally coming! Kendra was in so much pain and tears were running down her face. Tre, Ty, and I were in the delivery room helping her breathe and keep calm. After nine hours of labor, the baby was finally here. Kyler Tyrese Brookes. That was the baby's name. He was finally here. This was an amazing moment. I still found it weird that Chris' boyfriend was the one to deliver her baby. However, baby Kyler is here and he is so cute. It was nothing but smiles int he room. I was so proud of Kendra at that moment; she did it. After holding her baby, she looked up at Ty and told him that she would marry him.

Later that night, the doctor said that there were too many people in the room, so Tre and I left while Ty stayed the night. We went into his car and just talked a little. "I am so proud of Ken. Like, you don't understand Tre, this was a long time coming". "I see. He was a cute baby too". "He was wasn't he? God, I can't wait to have kids". "I mean, we can start now if you want". "You're so annoying".

Tre always knew what to do and say to make me smile. That's one of the reasons why I loved him. Even though he's a liar and a sneak, he's very comforting and funny. "I'm serious. C'mon. Let's go". He started to kiss me, but I stopped him. As I stopped him, he looked at me with "that look" and I couldn't resist "the look". We started kissing and making out. I got on top of him and took my shirt off. We were kissing so much and then jumped into the back seat. That's when we had sex......