Chapter 2: Kendra Did It

This is a pretty tough decision. I just got out of my relationship with Tre not too long ago. What should I do? I thought long and hard about this. I mean, for a very long time I've been thinking about this. I love him, I do. But to get back together is crazy.

"D, I love you and all, but you have to promise me that things will change. I don't want to feel like I'm forcing you to make a decision between me and basketball". "Baby I promise. You will be my number one priority". "Well then, ok. It's official". "Really? You serious?". "Um, yeah. Unless you want me to take it back". "No, no. I'm happy. I'll show you that you made the right decision". 

We looked at each other and then kissed. Next thing you know, Tre comes and sees the whole thing. "So, you two are dating now?" he said. I looked up at him and was surprised. "Tre what are you doing here". "I heard you were here so I came to talk to you and try to get you back. But I see you moved on". "Look man, I'm injured and I don't have time to be fighting right now," Deandre said.

"No fuck that. We fighting". "Tre, what is wrong with you!?" I said as I stood up at the table. "Look, you can't go out with him. I love you". "And I love you too but, Tre, it's over. We can still be...". "Don't you dare. I don't want to hear that". "Tre, please stop this". "You're right. I'm gonna go. Fuck the both of you".

He walked away and got into his car. "Tre! Tre! C'mon now!". I kept calling him but he didn't answer. I guess he's officially done. D and I decided to leave and go to his dorm. There, we cuddled and kissed for a long time until his roommate came in. 

"Oh, hey Gavin", D said. "Hey, what's up," Gavin said. "Who's this?". "This is Zenia. Zenia, this is my roommate Gavin". "Nice to meet you," I said to him while reaching out to shake his hand. But he just looked at me then went on his side of the room. "Tell you what, I'll see you later ok?", I said. "Why?". "I have some things I have to take care of. Text me". "Ok bye".

I left and went to my room. Londyn wasn't there so I took a nap. By the time I got up, I decided to just walk around campus and think to myself for a while. I miss Tre, but he's so mad at me right now. And I'm happy with D for right now. Who knows, maybe we'll end up getting married. Thinking about these relationships, I haven't talked to my brother since the day he kicked me out. Wow.

After my walk, Deandre called and told me to meet him at his dorm. On the way there, I bumped into his roommate. "Oh, excuse me". "Hey, Zekia right?". "Zenia". "Oh, whatever. Listen, you should probably stop visiting so much. Deandre's getting pretty tired of seeing you". "I don't even visit all the time. And what do you mean? Has he said something to you?".

"Yeah well once you left, he said that you were kind of annoying. Like you're always around and shit". "Oh really?". "Yeah. I told him he should talk to you but he said he doesn't want to hurt your feelings". "Oh ok. Thanks for telling me".

After we walked off, I still went to meet up with Deandre in his room. I don't want to say that Gavin is lying, but then again things don't add up. I didn't bring it up to Deandre at all because it was irrelevant. "Hey baby," I said once I seen him and gave him a hug. "How you doing". "I'm fine. Sorry about earlier with Gavin coming in. I didn't know he was coming". "It's cool".

Later on, we found ourselves half naked and making out. "We should stop," I told him while he was on top of me. "Why?". "Because, we just started dating again and sex shouldn't be involved yet". "I guess you're right". We got up and started putting on our clothes. My phone started ringing afterwards. 

"Hello?". "Hey, Zee?". "Who is this?". "It's Ryan. Listen, we need to talk. Where can I meet you?". "Well, um. Just come pick me up at my school. I'll meet you in the parking lot". "Ok". I hung up the phone and looked at Deandre. 

"Baby who was that," he asked me. "My brother Ryan". "You have a brother?". "Oh I didn't tell you? Listen I go to go but I'll explain everything tomorrow ok?". "Um, ok". I gave him a kiss before I left out the door. I put on my shirt and went to the parking lot and waited for Ryan to show up.

When he finally did, I was surprised to see him by himself. No Devyn. He pulled up next to me and I got in the car. "How are you doing," I asked him. "I'm fine. How is school?". "Fun". "True. Listen, I wanted to talk about that night you got kicked out I guess". So that's all he wanted to talk about? He made it seem like it was something serious.

"What's up?". "Well, I just want to walk you through what I went through in the past couple of months. So Devyn and I got into an argument about some stupid stuff. She said that I barely spend time with her. So the next day, I took off work. Mind you, she didn't know. It was going to be a surprise. Anyway, when I got home, I looked around the house for her. She was nowhere to be found. So I decided to go out the back door. And there she was, sniffing coke".

"Oh my God". "Yeah, oh my God is right. But you want to know what's worse?". "What?". "She had a nigga hiding in the basment. We got to arguing when I seen that she does coke, and he came from downstairs and called her baby. I kicked both of them out". "Oh Ryan I'm so sorry you had to find out like that". "It's cool. I just want to apologize for not believing you". "Well, I did tell you so". "Thanks Zee. That's what I want to hear". "Ha, it's what you need to hear".

We started apologizing to one another and everything was good between us. No more bad blood. He even said that I can come back when the semester is over. After talking for a couple of hours, he took me back to my dorm. The next day after class, I figured I should pay a visit to Tre because it's been a while since we've talked. Londyn said that she'll come with me.

On the way there, I had to tell Londyn everything that was going on. When we finally go there, I knocked on the door and he answered. "Zee! And friend? Look, you can't be here right now". "Why? Who's here?". "Look, Zee, I'll talk to you later. Please, just go". I pushed the door open to see who was there. And of course it was Kendra. But Kendra was sitting on the floor, next to the coffee table...sniffing coke...