Chapter One

Chapter One:

Dear Diary,

It's Sebastian here. I feel so silly, sitting down by my desk and scribbling old notes in a diary again. It reminds me of when I was younger, of times that were long gone now. But I couldn't help myself. I was in town today, in a Waterstones', and I saw this leather-bound notebook hidden away on a back shelf, and I had to have it.

I didn't know what kind of things I would write about, at first, not until I sat myself down and I actually started writing. Fading memories I thought I'd put to paper, before I forgot about them all together. Looking back on those years, the favourite of my life. It was a time filled with good moments, and bad moments too. And all of the little, meaningless moments, because they're usually the most important. The times in my life that I made wonderful and life-long friends, and eventually fell in love.

More than anything else, this story is about them. The loves of my life. All of the saints and sinners that I used to know. And even more than that, this is the story of one specific sinner who, let's just say, still taints me to this very day, ten years later.

NEW A.N. If you've read the first book, Vanity Teens (it's mostly unrelated and from the perspective of different characters with rather strenuous links to this story, but continues themes and genealogies that form a larger series called the Sassy White Boys Trilogy) you'll understand the style of these books. I've recently put a sort of content quality warning on VT because I was fairly young when I wrote it, and the same applies here. I don't want these books to form your opinion on me as a writer, as I am today. So I'm doing it here too.

I was 17 when I wrote this story, it doesn't represent my best but it's certainly not my worst. You can probably tell as you read it that I was still learning so I hope you take the story with a pinch of salt and some understanding that I'll get things wrong, I'll express them poorly, and I've since grown up and learned a lot more. Writing is a life-long lesson, I hope it doesn't put you off reading my more up to date stories. Thank you.

Xoxo my darlings, Clay.