3: Ashe

She was calm, her skin chaffing against the orange vest as she breathed. Ashe was a prisoner in a medium security prison in the center of the border between Earth's Region, Estoon's Region, and Chiya Region. She was there for life after 4 counts of murder, vehicular theft, and owning an unregistered exotic pet.

"Lunch time!" Yelled a guard down the hall, "Get it before it's...frozen again." He chuckled.

The bar doors opened and prisoners rushed down the hall, males from one side and females from hers. Echoes of wooing and very straight forward pickup lines traced the hall. Ashe rolled her eyes when a large man with covered in tattoos grabbed her shoulder, trying to pull her to his side. He was impossibly tall and his arms were huge, but as one might expect his head was considerably small.

"Come on Ashe. Give me a hug," he said causing several of his little prison buddies to giggle, "It's been so long since I've been touched by a woman.

His hand slowly moved down her thigh. She looked back, twisting his arm to a loud crack.

"George, you know the last time you tried one of your 'moves' on me you ended up in a coma for a week. Do you learn nothing?"

His friends burst with laughter and she walked away.

Lunch that day was the same as the day before. A strange goop that no one actually knew the name of. The prisoners called it, "slug brains." For all they knew that was what it was, only infused with flavoring and vitamins. 

Ashe sat down, brushing the incredibly long braided hair from her shoulder. She sat down next to her friend, Bailey, who was in for theft.

"Hello Bailey," she said.

"Hi, Ashe. Remind me never to mess with you."

Ashe stretched her fingers and they popped.

It was going to be a good day.