Chapter 1

Joe and I had been dating for almost two years, a natural set up by our mutual friends. Which worked out for us, we hit it off right away and have been together ever since. His family loved me as my family felt the same way about Joe. After the first year, we knew that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together, wanting each other in everyway, but Joe wore a purity ring, promising no sex before marriage. It was a constant test of our relationship. We had come close quite a few times to actually doing the deed, until one of us would fight off the hormonal urges and come to our senses and stop the act from actually happening. That is until one night. A night that threatened to change both our lives and change the course of our relationship as we had known it.

* That Night *

It was dark in the room. Only the moonlight shed a light overcast. Joe and I were just sitting on the floor of a cabin we had rented just outside of Yosemite State Park for a romantic getaway weekend, before Joe had to go back to tour rehearsals, preparing to go away for a two month promotional tour with his brothers, Nick and Kevin. Getting their music out there was a long and tiring job but I have been supportive of Joe's music since the day we got together and I was glad he was releasing another album.

We sat there talking about nothing in particular, until Joe changed the subject of conversation.

He looked me in the eyes, touched my cheek and said, "You know I care about you, and um, love you with my whole heart. I just think -" Joe paused trying to find his words. "I think we should have some fun before we have to head back home tomorrow morning."

I looked at him strangely. "What do you mean have fun?"

"Your funny." he said with a laugh. "You know what I'm talking about." He raised his eyebrows at me for emphasis on knowing exactly what he was talking about. I had an idea but I wanted him to just come out and tell me what he meant.

"What are you hinting at? I know your after something or other, and we've been together too long for the subliminal messages, so just tell me what you want." I replied with a blank expression.

"I think I want to take this to the next level." he said putting his hand over mine and squeezing it.

"You really want... that? I thought you were saving yourself for marriage?" I was surprised that Joe was now pushing this subject between us, actually talking about it first, instead of the usual way we stopped ourselves from making a possible mistake.

"I am only a man who's human enough to want what everyone else is enjoying but me!" Joe argued.

"Oh, don't you mean you and your brothers?" I stated matter-of-factly.

"Oh, them... I'm not sure if they are still having sex with themselves or they have finally found a girl willing." Joe replied. I could tell it was his attempt to lighten the mood which didn't work.

"Why throw your purity, which - might I remind you that you wanted to remain sacred until marriage. Out the window on a little fling, save it for the one you'll spend the rest of your life with!" I tried to reason.

"It's not a little fling! I love and care about you and you know we'll be married someday, so why wait?!" Joe retorted back.

I sat back and thought about what Joe had just said. It was true that we would be married someday and maybe it wouldn't hurt if we started sleeping together before then, or at least tried it out once. Hopefully he would like it enough to keep doing it. I caved to his suggestion, but I wanted to be sure this is what Joe really wanted to do, since we couldn't go back to the way we were before, if he regretted it. So I asked him, just to be sure.

"If we do... will we have any regrets? or I should say will you have any regrets?"

"I won't have any regrets... will you have any?" Joe repeated the question back to me.

"I don't think so..." I trailed off. "Reassure me just once more." I wasn't fully convinced and needed another conformation from him.

"No regrets." Joe whispered.

"No regrets." I whispered back while he laid me on the floor slowly.

We prepared ourselves for our first time together. Right away everything felt different between us. Joe gasped in excitement at this newfound experience. It lasted a long time as if he didn't want that night to end. When he was finished, a rush of emotions and feelings flowed through my whole body, a feeling I had never felt before. After we redressed, I sat next to him on the floor again.

I leaned my head on his shoulder and said, " I hope we didn't make a mistake by doing that."

"I don't think we did, but we should get some sleep." He leaned down and kissed me gently on the lips. "Don't forget, I care about you baby." I'll never forget those words.

We found a blanket nearby and cuddled up with each other in it and fell asleep.

The next morning, we packed up our stuff and headed back down the coast, heading for home. We had only been gone three days but to me it felt like a week. I loved these getaways with Joe and I never wanted them to end. But when one did, it only made me look forward to planning our next vacation. Joe and I didn't speak of our excursions the night before. We let the music on the radio engulf our thoughts as I sat next to him, my hand on his thigh as he drove along, his eyes remaining fixated straight ahead.

***Chapter End Notes:*** - So, this is my first multi chapter Jonas Brothers story on this site. I'd love to hear what you think of it. Thanks for reading. If you like it please leave me a vote or a comment on this chapter. I'd love to hear from my readers. If you are a fellow Jonas Brothers, DNCE or Nick Jonas fan then follow me on here. :D