0100

'4 years have passed since you were gone,

I miss you,

I hope you are doing fine,

Grandmother.'

I was sitting on a bench, facing the river, it was dark. I could not see anything other than hearing the sibilant hum of the water flowing, and soft sounds of birds chirping harmonized with small insects, probably talking to each other.

I took a glance on my watch,

4:00 a.m.

"He should be here any minute," I whispered to myself under my breath.

Four in the morning, I found it as the calmest time of the day. When everyone was fast asleep, there will not be any distractions of sounds coming from vehicles, the empty streets, empty roads, silent town. The only thing you could hear would be your thoughts, and your heartbeat.

The sound of birds chirping that brought peace and joy to myself was not only harmonized by small insects, my focus was brought to a sudden sound of soft whistling coming from my back.

The longer it sounded, the closer it got. My mind was not thinking negative, definitely not a ghost.

My confidence was approved when I felt a body gesture appeared at the edge of the bench that I was sitting on. The figure then moved closer to me, before taking a sit on the same bench.

"Hi friend,"

I'd recognized that familiar voice, I knew it was him. Nobody else got that unique sound of his.

I sneakily glanced on my watch, before moving back my focus to the river.

"You're five minutes late," I said, my voice came out emotionless, focusing on the river still.

"At least I'm here," he chuckled brightly. He sounded so bright and cheerful even in the middle of between deep night and morning.

The dark blue sky wasn't so dark when he made his appearance.

There was a short silence between both of us, it was, comfortably silent and quiet. No sense of further conversations, both were busy in our own thoughts.

"Jimin," I spoke up. I could feel someone was staring at me. He moved his gaze and stared at me with curiousity, with his eyebrows raised.

"It has been 4 years since my grandmother passed away," I paused.
"It has been 4 years since I have nobody in my life," I continued, as my voice came out flat.

Jimin was quite offended with my words, I knew it, his face expression changed once I mentioned about it. But him being himself, took everything in the positive way.

"She was such a strong woman, Jimin. I miss hearing her stories about her worst and hardest phase in life during the war, while enjoying the kimchi stew that she cooked for me, along with fried anchovies and seafood dumplings that she loved to make. I miss those times when she often brought me to her farm, a place that she built up together with my late grandfather. The place left so many memories for her, and now, for me too. I wonder who takes care of it now that both her and I are gone," I said, letting out what was going through my mind at the moment, as tears were dripping on my cheeks unchecked.

I wiped the tears with the back of my palm, before I felt a touch on my left shoulder.

He placed his hand on my shoulder, squeezing it gently, trying to comfort me who was sobbing sadly. "Let it out, Taehyung. I'm here for you," his voice came out low and sincere.

"I miss her, Jimin," I said, sobbing still. "I could never find someone like her in my life,"

"But if she was someone else, I know who it would be," I continued, gluing my eyes to the what supposed to be green grass but it was too dark.

"Who?"

I moved my gaze from the ground, and met Jimin's dark but sparkly eyes.

"You,"

And you will always be.
Always.

|
i wrote this at 4 am until 4:55 am. ironic.