SUNSHINE

"Dean, leave your sister alone."

"But, mom, Opal won't give me back my comic book!"

"Dean won't give me back my phone!"

I stand up and grabbed Opal's phone from Dean and Dean's comic from Opal.

"How about neither of you don't get either of these if you don't make up?" I rhetorically ask. The two sigh, apologizing to each other. I give them back their things, walking to the kitchen and think of what to make for lunch.

"Are any of you up for pizza for lunch?" I yelled from the kitchen, hearing them both start to argue over which pizza I should order.

Parenthood; such a pain in the ass, but an amazing part of living.

- - -

"Mom, why don't you get a boyfriend?" Opal asks me as we wait for pizza. I lift an eyebrow at her in confusion.

"What's this about?" I ask, knowing there's a big reason on why she's asking. She looks down, so does Dean.

"Well, it's just because you seem so lonely and that we bring you down on dating." Dean speaks up. I laugh small, ruffling his sandy-blonde hair.

"Dean, Opal, you're not the reason I'm single. I just don't want to date. It's a pain, already having you two rascals." I laugh, chasing them around the house as they laughed with me.

- - -

Dean and Opal were tucked in bed, sleeping silently. I smile at them. I love those two to death. I walked down the hall to my room, the only light in my room was a lamp and the bathroom light. I stare at myself in the mirror, getting ready to repeat the words I had to say every night.

"My name is Y/N M/N L/N, and I have two kids named Opal L/N and Dean L/N. Bill Cipher is my ex-fiancé. I'm thirty-two-years-old and I work as a nurse at a hospital." I continue on with the words, wanting to cry so bad, but I couldn't. I needed to be strong for Opal and Dean.

My kids.

"My kids are my everything, and I promise not to do it tonight." I finish.

I finish my business I had to do for bed, getting sleepy. Before hitting the sheets, I kneel down and grab the small box that hid under my wardrobe. I opened it to see old pictures of when I was younger, pictures of when I was carefree and didn't mind that the man I loved was a demon.

I picked up the old engagement ring. It's a small, single banded ring. It was made of pure gold with a small, elegant white opal in the middle.

It was a simple, but beautiful ring. I hesitated to slip the ring on, flashes of memories ran through my head as I took it all in one by one. I slipped it back off and put it back into its small box, putting that small box with the ring in it into the bigger box. I closed it all together, then put it back under the wardrobe.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine." I mumble softly as I stood up.

"You make me happy when skies are grey." I could hear his voice taunting me while he sang along.

"You'll never know, dear, who much I love you." I try and finish, wanting the familiarly of his voice away from my mind.

"Please don't take my sunshine away." I finally finish, laying in bed as I closed my eyes and fell asleep.