QUESTIONS

I laid in bed, stroking my fingers on the old picture frame and old photo. Time to time, I'd trace the stretch mark scars I had on my stomach from my pregnancy.

I never thought I'd ever be able to have kids, a home, job, or a demon ex-fiancé. Life is strange. Life has very strange twists.

"Mom!" I heard Opal call from downstairs. I quickly put the photo under my pillow, and ran downstairs.

"You're back already?" I ask. I expected Dean to say something, but he just looked at me and walked into the living room. I looked at Opal for an explanation, but she shrugged.

"We came back because Dipper and Mable weren't there." She said, the tips of her ears turned red. Opal's ears turn red when she's lying. I let it slide just this once and walk to the living room, and sat next to Dean.

"So, how're you doing?" I ask him and he shrugs. He didn't say anything. He's not like this unless he needs to say something. I look at the TV, seeing he was watching his favorite show.

"Why don't you talk about dad?" Dean finally spoke. At this point I'm unaffected by his behavior.

"Why would you ask that?" I ask. He was about to speak, but I cut him off. "Dean, I don't talk about your father because he's a bad man. I don't want someone evil around my kids. He wouldn't care if he hurt you. When he wants something, he'll get it. He'll put anyone in danger if they're in his way." I quickly speak.

"So then why'd you hook up with him?" He asks.

"Because I loved him. Maybe he didn't love me back, but when I was with him, I felt on top of the world." I explain, memories of Bill and I pop into my head. I can't help but smile.

"So what happened? Why isn't he here with us?" Dean questioned. "Does he hate us? Does he have another family?" He adds. The thought of Bill loving someone else hurt, but it was pointless to be hurt by that thought. That dumbass probably doesn't even know what love is. I huff heavily.

"You're asking a lot of questions, Dean. Do you have something you want to tell me?" I ask. He shakes his head, his ears turning red just like Opal's does when she lies. Again, I let it slide.

- - -

I look at Dean and Opal at the dinner table. They're calming chatting as they eat. I tell them to continue what they're doing as I leave to my room. I take a bag of protection crystals from my draw, then head outside to the front of the house.

I reach into the bag and pull one out, then place it on the ground on the front left of my house. I do the same with the front right, back left, and back right of my house. I connect the four rocks with unicorn hair, lastly. It was a simple yet very strong protection spell.

Even though Bill is very strong, he can't get past this spell.

I'm doing everything I can to protect my kids from their monstrous father. If I can't physically stop the council, then I can prevent them from reaching my kids to start the ceremony.