♣ Session 1 | Reflection

Hey everyone!

First of all, we would to thank you for all your submissions for the first activity. We have so many talented people in this workshop, it's so amazing to see all of you work so hard and make new friends!

Secondly, before we do display our winners, we'd like to present you an addition to the WritersRing team: cleverwren! A phenomenal and talented writer who has a large writer's base and is very friendly to talk to. She will be taking on the WritersRing account along with the two of us as well. Please do give cleverwren a follow and check out the amazing works!

Now, onto our winners for the Session 1 | The Creative Writing Process!

In first place we have: CaptainSarcastic101

We love the sheer impact of your opening line

We love the sheer impact of your opening line. It's incredibly witty, and also gives a lot of insight into the story and our character. Your to-the-point style gives the narrator a unique flair with just nine words, an admirable skill that also manifests itself in the first line of Andy Weir's The Martian (the line which probably shouldn't be written out here). As mentioned by every author at some point or another, the hook is what sets the precedent for the entire book; you have, with this line, convinced me that this story is going to be amazing, which is all you want from a hook and more. Congratulations!

In second place we have: tranquilstars

We adore your writing for reasons concerning the all-around truth of the statement

We adore your writing for reasons concerning the all-around truth of the statement. You outline the beginning of the end for Stephanie in this enchanting, contemporary way that gives hope and sheds light onto our main character for her opening scene. It feels like pure empathy mixed with insight and a smidgen of what may evolve into witty jokes, and for the YA fanatics, that hooks them with ease. [Insert fishing metaphor here].

In third place we have: koalanindya

We have no words for the wonderful imagery you conveyed in this line

We have no words for the wonderful imagery you conveyed in this line. The whole narration is filled with tears made of poignance and rain, as well as this feeling of reminiscence that is powerful and desperate. You paint this pretty scene, which is filled with pain, with greens and blues, and it reaches into the reader and asks them to imagine your painting, to see each individual drop of rain and blade of grass. Just spectacular.

Please do check out all of these wonderful authors and their work! They pour their all into the stories they tell—if you thought these opening lines were great, their original works are ten times greater. Go follow their awesome faces for more excellent content!

Thank you all for participating in this session! All of the entries were pure gold, and it was beyond difficult to narrow it down to three winners. Thank you for making our first session of the year such a massive success. We reached a thousand reads over the weekend, and needless to say, we were ecstatic. So, thank you a million times for your dedication.

We'll be back soon with the next session, and until then, don't forget to be awesome!