Chapter 4

Back to 7th grade

If I'm such a good person, why am I always the target? I used to get targeted by girls , like I was on a clock. You'd think boys would be better than this, another thought process. We all hear the quote "boys are better than girls" or vice-versa. Would you find a girl innocent if a boy threw an hard orange at her face; or would it just be funny?
We have a "no bullying" policy at our school. You may wonder, why did i use quotations? You'll see why. My school is the home of bullies, boys; girls; teachers; parents; adults. Its just funny to everybody. Everyday my teacher witnessed boys physically and verbally bullying me. They threw food at me and cussed at me. Okay, I got thrown food at me a few times before , nothing too bad.
This one day me and my friend Kelia were dancing to a song on an app. These boys were near us, but we paid no attention to them. They were tossing an orange around back and forth, but throwing it as hard as a baseball. Out of nowhere , I got hit in the jaw with it; the whole entire orange busted on my face. I heard a clicking noise in my jaw. My eyes filled with water, and next thing I knew I was swinging. I could hear myself screaming "what the f**k is wrong with you" . Most of you probably are laughing right now. Is it actually funny?
Keep in mind, I had full sets of braces ; and a herpst appliance, which is metal bars that attach to my molars, they were extremely painful. They were made to fix my jaw, and the orange almost broke my jaw. These boys were extremely strong , so therefore , it hurt really bad.
My teacher asked what happened , I responded with "it doesn't f**king matter , you won't do s**t about it." I walked into the cafeteria sobbing, and as I was walking, everybody was staring at me , again all eyes on me. I walked all the way to the office. I was told to wait for the principal until he was available. It took around 5 minutes until he was ready. I walked into his office , covered in tears and food. He told me not to say anything while he finished his paperwork. Then, 5 seconds later he asked me what happened. Hold on ... didn't he just tell me not to talk ? Whatever. I told him what happened.
Within 3 minutes of me explaining those boys were always throwing food at me; I told him my jaw popped, and it hurt. I definitely needed ice, so I asked. The principal told me, "my jaw didn't need ice, because it wasn't a huge deal, and it definitely was not swollen. He told me to stop holding my hand on my face because nothing was wrong and i was drawing attention. Pause. How is he gonna tell ME , that nothing's wrong with my face?
On top of all of this, he asked me "what did YOU do to make him throw this at you?" He accused me of doing something. I responded with "really? What could i possibly have done for me to get thrown food at?" He rolled his eyes at me. He told me he would THINK about suspending me. Suspending me for what? What did i do... I continued being me , always seems the huge deal. I left and took some ice from the office, since he said no.
I walked into class covered in tears, and holding ice on my face. Everything got quiet. I became lightheaded because I was the center of attention. Everybody asked me what happened; I showed them my jaw and everyone yelled "ewwwww". People told me , my face was extremely swollen. Since i wouldn't tell them what happened ; a huge rumor went around that I got punched in the face. Great.