Tire Pressure

~(Y/n)'s POV~

I woke up to a certain feline creature laying on my chest and crushing the air out of me. My cat, Pepe, was laying on my chest once again, and once again he was making it incredibly hard for me to breathe. "Get off of me you blob of fat." I say to my cat as I lift him up and put him next to me. I checked the time on my alarm clock, which for some reason had been knocked down from my nightstand to the floor,and start freaking out. "Shit! Shit! Shit!" I hurry out of bed with my heart beating 100 mph. It was 9 am, I was supposed to be at work... Right now. I scrambled out of my bed, accidentally knocking Pepe off of the bed. I grabbed some questionably clean clothes and ran into the bathroom to take a shower. While putting shampoo in my hair I got in my eyes, I barely washed out my eyes. As I stepped out of the shower I hastily dried myself off and threw on the gathered clothes.

I ran into the mini kitchen and grabbed myself a muffin that a friend had bought for me the night before. I took a bite out of the muffin and found my keys, while picking them up my cat scratched my hand, revenge I guess, either way I didn't have time to get angry at him. I ran outside and saw that the sky was a gloomy grey, but that didn't really effect me because I wouldn't have to walk to work today... Or so I thought, I climbed into the car holding my muffin with my mouth as I started the car, put on my seat belt, and then turned on the car, only to see the low tire pressure light turn on. I quickly got out of my car and checked the tires, the second tire I checked, the left back one, had been slashed. "Fuck." I say defeated under my breath as I start jogging, almost running, to work.

While running to work I was just unfortunate enough to not bring an umbrella, it's not like I left it on purpose, but I should've taken the time to check the weather; while running it began raining, hard. My already damp clothes became, to say the least, soaked. I had been running so much that I actually forgot that I had been holding my muffin the entire time, it was soaked just like my clothes but I needed something to eat, I work as a cashier and there was no way that I could ever deal with some of the idiots I do on a daily basis without some type of food in my stomach. I slow down to a normal walking speed, just as I'm about to take a bite out of my muffin someone bumped into me making me drop my muffin. "Just my fucking luck today," I sigh and kneel down to pick up the now fully ruined muffin, as I reach for it I bump heads with the stranger that ran into me, I hear him let out a small "oof." I look up to see a man with black hair moved out of his face, simple glasses, and a little bit of stubble. "I'm so sorry," the man says, "I was trying to pick up the muffin for you." I grab the muffin and we both stand up, it is just now that I realized the he was holding his umbrella above both of us. "It's okay, really." I walk over to a near by trash can and throw away the ruined muffin. "I saw you running earlier, why are you in such a rush, if you don't mind me asking of course." "I'm extremely late for work, my shift starts at 9 and the time is," I check my watch, "7:30?" I looked shocked at my watch.

After realizing that my cat must have messed with my alarm clock the man I met, whose name he later told me was "Mark", convinced me to let him buy me a new muffin, considering the time I apparently had, I happily agreed. We sat down in a coffee shop, since he replaced my muffin I decided it was only fair if I bought him some coffee. "So, (y/n), where do you work?" He asks before taking a sip of his coffee. "I work as a cashier at the general store just a 20 minutes from here," I say after swallowing the last bite of my muffin, "What about you? Where do you work?" Mark rubs the back of his neck, "I actually work from home, I'm actually a youtuber." "Oh? What's your screen name, maybe I'll watch you sometime." He chuckles and tells me that his username is 'Markiplier'. I repeat it over and over under my breath, "I think I've heard of you before, but just in case I forget," I unlock my phone to put it in a note, it's already 8:35 and I want to try to get to work early so I quickly type in his username and save the note, "It's about time for me to go." The look on Mark's face almost broke my heart, I barely even knew him but just from his expression I knew that I would have to talk to him again, plus I'd probably be sad too if I didn't talk to him again. Marks's face suddenly lights up, "Wait here a second," he got up and walked over to the counter and scribbled something down something on a napkin and walked back over to our table, "Here's my number, text me when you get off." He had a big goofy grin on his face that made me smile too, "O-okay I will." I managed to stutter out an awkward sentence.

We got up and started towards to door talking about how nice of a time we had together. It was still pouring outside, it was probably even worse than it was earlier! "My house is only 5 minutes away," Mark looked at his green frog umbrella, "You'll need this more than me." He gave me his umbrella and before I could protest he was running out the door. I sighed as I watched him run through the rain, "What a strange man."

~Final Word Count~

~1,066~