02

" Lilith, put my stuff back! "

" I don't wanna~! "

They're messing around? Again?

" Crap...! Wrong move. "

... For fuck's sake—

" Shut up, I'm trying to enjoy my book here. "

" S-Sorry. "

" HEY! "

" Ugh. "

Okay, I give up.

The ECS, no matter how much I try to change it, will always be a wreck. Lilith and Zedrin are yet having another goose chase at headquarters. Let's see how long this one will last. Will they beat their record of four hours?

In other news, will Syris be able to get pass through the boss Haemgang he's battling in his game? What was it, again? Haemgang Hunter III, yeah?

Wait; why do I even care? I have more important stuff to dwell into. For example is the novel I'm currently reading. Entitled Starry Night Sky, it's a sweet, heartwarming tale about two individuals brought together by fate and the shining heavenly body we find glimmering first every night, Venus.

I wish I didn't stay up so late last night. As a consequence, I'm here struggling to ... stay ... awake—...

" And I promise, under the light of these stars ... my love for you will be eternal. "

Those words ... I know I don't look like the type of person to fawn over words like those but can't a badass Vanguard have a girly side to her? I mean, I know I can be though.

Nonetheless, you can't deprive me of a relationship because of that fact.

Shameful to say but, I'd actually be the type of person to want to experience things like falling in love, going on dates, and just being complete idiots.

I know, the world is in ruins and I shouldn't think about it, but it's nice to have something that'll help you forget about the reality of the cruel world.

Being with someone doesn't mean I'll forget about my duties as a Vanguard, after all.

It'll just give me a better reason to fight and protect this world we're in.

... Nnh—... what's...?

I felt heat suddenly transferring to me, which caused me to flutter my eyelids open, and ultimately making me realize I had fallen asleep.

I was about to dwell into that thought, but the sensation of soft fur averted me away from that matter, as my vision began to adjust, allowing me to see clearly, with the help of my glasses, a certain creature resembling the appearance of a nine-tailed fox, with arctic blue fur and innocent-looking amber eyes welcomed me upon my awakening. It was a precious creature, I'd say. A Lux Bearer, to be exact. I couldn't help but to give her light head pats, and eventually, stroke her silky fur.

Wonder how it got here, though ...

" Hey sleepy, have some coffee. " There goes a sudden masculine voice speaking up, as I lifted my head to spot the certain Vanguard holding two mugs, one in each hand.

Of course.

He set down one of them, as I finally got to know of its contents. How wouldn't I know of the aromatic, slightly energizing yet calming scent of well-made coffee?

" And let Arda help wake you up at the same time. " He added, still wearing his signature smile that always gets the ladies—well, most ladies going. I simply averted my focus to the said Lux Bearer to lay her down beside me, before I took my cup of caffeinated beverage from the table with both my hands.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jun 11, 2017 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

evanescenceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें