The Truth

Danny

"What are you guys doing?" I asked as I walked into the lab. My parents looked up at me and smiled. "Danny boy! Come check out what we've been working on" dad smiled at me.

I walked towards them. On the table was a vile with a red gassy substance in it. "What's that?" I asked. "This is Blood Blossom Vapor, the number one weakness for ghosts," mom said, pulling me in for a hug. My eyes widened. "Isn't this great? Once we release it, all of amity park will be freed of ghosts!" Mom's smile grew larger.

"You see Danny, Blood blossoms make ghosts powerless and cause them great pain" Dad grabbed a blood blossom from a basket that was also on the counter. He ate it. "It also makes a tasty treat!" He said. "Want one?" He asked.

I immediately backed away. "No! No thanks, I'm good" I stammered nervously. This isn't good. "Oh well, more for me!" Dad reached for another but mom stopped him. "Now jack, we still need them. Have a cookie instead" mom gave dad a cookie which he gladly took.

I quickly turned around and ran back upstairs. If they're planning on releasing that gas all over amity park, will they release it all over the world? Or the ghost zone!?

I have to stop this. I need to talk to sam, tucker, and jazz!

----

"WHAT!?!?" Sam, Tucker, and jazz all yelled, making people look at us. We were in Nasty Burger. "Fen-turd, will you shut your friends up?" Dash glared at us from across the room.

"We have to stop them!" Sam exclaimed. "I know but how??" I asked. I groaned and buried my face in my hands. "...you have to tell them," Jazz said. I looked up at her. "Are you crazy? They will tear me apart 'molecule by molecule" I argued.

"Come on Danny, these are our parents! They won't hurt you just because you're half-ghost! Besides, it's probably for the best. I mean, what other choice do we have?" Jazz placed her hand on my shoulder comfortingly.

"She's right dude. Maybe it is for the best" tucker said. "What do you say, danny?" Sam looked at me. I sighed.

"I'll tell them"

---

"Hey Mom? Dad?" I called as I walked inside. "We're over here sweetie!" Mom called from the kitchen. I walked in the kitchen and saw mom, dad, and the Guys In White.

I immediately froze. "What are they doing here?" I asked. "The government approved of our plan to release the Blood Blossoms all over amity park! We may do it to the entire world as well. We'll finally be free of ghost" mom smile faded once she saw my face.

"Are you ok sweetie? You look pale" she stood up and rushed towards me. She placed a hand on my forehead. "Are you feeling ok?" She asked, concerned. "I-I'm fine! I just uh, need some sleep!" I said.

"Well ok, call me if you need anything" she kissed my forehead. I turned around and ran upstairs. I ran into my room and shut the door. This is bad. Now that the GIW are apart of it, how am I going to stop it now? Even if I tell mom and dad my secret... even if they accept me...

I called sam and tucker on skype. Once their faces appeared I immediately began telling them everything. "This isn't good..." tucker said. "What are you going to do?" Sam asked.

"I have no idea... i guess i'll try to reveal myself to them... I don't know" i told them.

---

The next day I walked downstairs. Mom and dad were carrying boxes up from the lab. "Hey danny boy! Care to help us carry the rest of these boxes up?" Dad asked. "Uh, sure" I mumbled. I walked down to the lab.

I picked up a box. "What's in here?" I asked. "Viles of the vapor! We're releasing it today! We need to bring them to the GIW so they can do it since we dont have the equipment just yet. Each box has about 200 viles in them" mom said.

They're doing it today!? I dropped the box causing mom and dad to look at me. "Danny! Careful!" Mom scolded. "Mom, Dad... you cant release the Blood Blossom vapor" I looked at them.

"Danny? But why-" Mom began but i cut her off. "I need to tell you guys something! Something very important!" I said. Mom looked concerned. "Lets talk in the living room" mom said.

We all walked up to the living room and sat down. "What is it, Danny?" Dad asked, worried. "About a year ago, when you had first built the portal... it didn't work" i began.

"Sam, Tucker, and I all went down into the lab... we checked it out and I ended up going inside of it. My hand accidentally pressed the 'on' button which was on the inside of the portal. It turned on and i got electrocuted" i told them. They gasped.

"When i woke up I realized that something was... off. My hair and eyes were different and... i had powers. Ghost powers" I looked down. "Mom... dad... i'm Danny Phantom" I looked up at them.

A ring appeared and split into two. One going up and one going down. I changed into my black and white jumpsuit which had my emblem on it. My hair turned snow white and my eyes turned bright neon green.

I remained silent as their eyes widened. "Danny... you... you're a..." mom covered her mouth with her hands. Her eyes began to water along with mine. Dad looked shocked. To shocked to speak.

"Oh honey... i'm so so so sorry! Everything we said... i dont blame you for not telling us" mom wrapped her arms around me. I hugged her back, relieved. Dad also joined in on the hug. They accept me.

The door opened. "I'm home!" Jazz exclaimed. She froze once she saw us then smiled. "I see you told them" she said. "You knew?" Mom asked. Jazz nodded her head. "I've known for awhile" she said.

"You aren't going to release the blood blossom vapor? Right?" I asked as we broke apart from the hug. "Oh! Right! Lets go destroy all the blood Blossoms!" Dad immediately grabbed his ectogun and ran down towards the lab. "I'll go make sure he doesn't blow the house up" jazz ran after him.

Suddenly my ghost sense went off. "Are you cold sweetie?" Mom asked. "No, that was my ghost sense meaning a ghost is near" I explained. "I'll be back" I smiled as i began to fly. "Be safe sweetie! And don't worry, the blood Blossoms will be gone once you get back" she smiled.

I smiled back. I turned intangible and flew out of the house.

I hope you enjoyed that one-shot! Feel free to leave a request :3