A Hero's Fate - Nine and Ten

-Six-

"Where am I?" he wondered as he floated in the darkness. Black greeted his eyes every time he looked around. Cold liquid splashed against his back as the currents led him somewhere.

"Ah, so my jailer has finally decided to see me?" a cold voice, with no hint of warmth whatsoever, resounded with in his ears. "I must admit, you're more interesting than any other jinchūriki. No one had ever went through that and stayed sane,"

"You're the Kyūbi, aren't you?" asked Naruto out of nowhere. "Is my mindscape always like this? Not that I'm complaining, it's nice and comfortable,"

". . .you call the darkness comfortable?" Interest laced the fox's tone.

"I just did. Not like I hate sunlight, but I'd prefer to stick to the shadows," said Naruto. "And wow, I expected you to yell at me and tell all that dislike-hate-loathe crap," he commented, and somehow he felt that the Kyūbi was offended.

"Hey! I'm not that evil, you blond brat!" the fox growled lowly.

"Thought so," Naruto then mumbled. "If you were evil, the you could've gotten your way out of the cage and proclaim that you'd destroy the whole world or get revenge against Konoha or something,"

"I heard that!"

"Okay, sheesh, no need to get your panties in a twist. Wait a moment, are you a boy or a girl? What's your name?" Naruto asked eagerly, feeling the fox's annoyance grow larger, as well as his interest.

"You're a strange kid. All my previous jinchūrikis shouted at me for being the main reason why they were hated and they had to hide their real identity. No one had ever asked me my name,"

"Hm, so what's your name again? Are you a he or a she?"

"Like I would tell you my name, brat,"

"You would if you don't want me to call you furball, or fluffball, or maybe fuzzball. Or maybe even Mr. Foxy or Mr. Fluffy. Which one is better?" Naruto asked cheekily.

". . .fine, you win. My name's Kurama. I'm a he, don't get it wrong,"

"Kurama, huh? It's a cute name, I suppose. Can I see you and give you a hug?"

"NO!"

"I was just kidding, you take things too seriously. . ."

"Oh? What's this, Kurama? You're associating with our jinchūriki?" another voice asked, amusement dancing in his tone. "Never knew you'd become a softy, o-tou-to,"

"'Otouto'? Are you the Jūbi?" Naruto wondered, confused. "I don't remember anyone sealing you inside of me, though,"

"Idiot. You were just a baby back then!" the Kyūbi and Jūbi growled in unison.

"I may be just a baby," the blond stressed the 'just'. "But I have photographic memory. I remember my biological father sending us to a safe house, followed by my biological mother. After that, I could remember the sounds of my twin crying, until the Fourth came and teleported us towards the place where Kura-chan—" the Jūbi chuckled at the nickname whilst the Kyūbi growled. "—was sealed. Your soul and two-tails of your chakra was placed on me, while the rest is in my twin, right?"