A Hero's Fate - Return

It was dark inside the room where two men resided; the first one leaning against a chair leisurely with a calm expression on his face, a smile beginning to form, whilst the second one was as calm as composed as the other, if not for the clench of his fists. The first gestured his guest to sit down, and the other reluctantly obliged, still keeping up his neutral expression, even when the one clearly in more power chuckled out of amusement.

"No matter what you might do, I still take it that you've understood our deal, am I right?"

"Yes." The reply was quiet yet it held a lot of hatred, as if it was forced out of its cause's mouth.

A chuckle resounded, "Very well, then, I shall see to my part of the deal. Expect your share by the start of October. During that period of time — two months, quite long, I might add, I want you to inifiltrate the base and destroy—"

"There is no need for you to elaborate my mission. I perfectly understand the circumstances, sir, and I will do my best to finish it. As long as you are going to fulfill your part, I shall perform mine."

Cerulean eyes flashed a deathly red as vibrant green orbs, with a twinkle of satisfaction, met his own.

"...we have an agreement, Kitsune."

...-...

Zabuza nearly spit out his drink as Yagura finished explaining the details of what had happened, and what was on his report. The swordsman growled in fury, on whether it was because of the report or the person who had done the trouble, or possibly the betrayal, the Mizukage didn't know, nor did he want to find out. "It's fake. It must be a set up," Zabuza started heatedly, "Naruto would never betray us. I understand Juzo's betrayal, I've never really trusted the guy. But Naruto— Naruto is like my son and little brother combined. We've been with him for the most part of his life, and we can't say that his happiness and actions are fake. He is— he— this must be a set up," the Demon of the Mist felt tears spring up in his eyes, "Mizukage-sama, please tell me that this is a set up."

"People change over time, Zabuza," Even to him, Yagura felt that his voice was cold and unfeeling. "It may be an act. We can't let our personal feelings come into play. The village and the inhabitants' lives are at stake. Zabuza— yes I know," he cut off and glared at the swordsman, who was about to protest and refute his words, "I can't just let Naruto off the hook. The details, the report, the evidence are justified and true. I need a very convincing reason why it had turned out like that."

"I don't see why the child would betray us."

Yagura closed his eyes in complete and utter exhaustion, "I know Zabuza. That is something we must figure out. Why did he do this? For power? He never was power-hungry. Apart from that, he is the one who had the most potential out of all the shinobi and kunoichi in Mizugakure. For fun? I don't really think that he is the type who'd sell people's lives out just for sheer entertainment."

"S-Rank shinobi are dangerous," the two men turned to look at Utakata, who was standing at the doorway with his eyes closed and arms shrugged. "Naruto is in between an A-Rank and S-Rank shinobi, and nearly every person who had that title went against their village to create their own, lest they be puppets controlled by their Kage. I can see why he'd do this."

"You don't know anything about him, you just stayed by the sidelines and became a mere friend of his!" yelled Zabuza. Utakata scoffed in indignation and stared straight at the other without batting an eye and a hint of fear, just pure courage and annoyance.

"You're too caught up with your feelings, Zabuza. You refuse to admit that one of your own had betrayed you, which is why you led most of your friends to oblivion, don't even try to deny it. We all know what had exactly happened that day," the jinchūriki sneered, "You're as incompetent as ever, Momochi. I wonder how did you reach your power at this height when you are so narrow-minded and disdainfully idiotic."