His, Blue House On The Rocks

"You're right." Jasper states. "This is either a small city, or a large town." He looks around the oak wood porch they stand on. "Seems friendly." He tries.

     "Yeah, I'll be happy as long as we have wifi so I can read." Meliza murmurs.

     Jasper turns to his niece. "Read? You read?"

     Meliza nods as she enters the doorway, still looking down at her phone. "Yeah, I've read many different stories from friends of mine back home, and from other people. Also on sites. I read a lot of independent works."

     Jasper hums to himself. "Wow. That's amazing."

     Meliza grins. "Isn't it?" She turns to her mother. "Biggest rooms mine?"

     Erica chuckles. "Nice try. Second biggest. Is that okay?" She faces Jasper.

     "I thought your friend moved our stuff in already?" He questions.

     Erica smiles. "Yeah, and I told them the second biggest room should be Meliza's. Is that okay?"

     Jasper shakes his head. "A little late now, but I guess."

     Meliza squeals, before running off to find her room in the upstairs. "It has my name on the door!" She cries.

     "Oh Meli." Erica chuckles. "Come on into the kitchen, my friend brought some non perishables before she left." Erica walks to the fridge and pulls out a water. "She also brought water and Gatorade."

     "What kind of Gatorade?" Jasper takes a seat at the three stool bar.

     "Two kinds actually, fruit punch, Meli's favorite, and orange, your favorite."

     Jasper smiles. "Thanks sis." Erica turns away, and takes a pot from the cupboard beside the fridge. "It's cooler here, not much, but still cooler." She hums to herself. "Thank goodness. I'll cook up some mac'n'cheese." She then sets herself busy.

     "Do you have to pay her back?" Jasper taps his fingers on the bar anxiously.

     "She said when she needs a favor, she'll call."

     "Gotcha. I'll go get the rest of my items, and settle in." Jasper heads back to the rental car, and removes his bags.

     "Olivia! You're such a little shit you know that?!" Jasper stands, and turns to the sound of a man's voice.

     "Haha! Oomph!" The man, whom he barely caught a glimpse of, falls to the ground with protest.

     "I win!" A young girl, no older than fifteen, pops up, laughing down at the man.

     "You little twerp!" He leaps up and grabs the girl around her waist.

     "Ahh! Put me down! Ahah! Elliot! Ahh!" He throws her over his shoulder, before walking into his house.

     His blue house, surrounded by assorted rocks, pressed against its sides.

     "Blue house on the rocks." He murmurs.

     "Uncle Jasper?" He looks up at Meliza, who stands on a balcony. "Did you know I get a balcony?! I think you and ma have one too. It connects I believe, cause your rooms are beside each other."