An Unknown Love

AN: I do apologize for the late update, and also for the fact that there will be a few time skips. Mainly to avoid boring scenes, or just unimportant scenes. And no, that's not my car.

Dinner ended as quickly as it had begun.

Elliot and Olivia were gone, giggling as the went, leaving Jasper with his exhausted sister and niece.

"Are you gonna be alright?" He places a hand on Erica's shoulder, as he watches her clean their dishes, with her husband on her left.

"Yeah, I just, I need some space, okay? He'll be spending the night with me," she nods to Phillip. "I'll put him on my bureau in the morning."

Jasper nods curtly, smiling softly. "Alright, well, I'm heading to bed, okay? If you need anything, just knock." Jasper eases his way up the stairs, and peaks his head into Meliza's room.

"Night kiddo."

"Night uncle Jasp." She murmurs from her lump of blankets.

He closes her door softly, and makes his way back to his room. Upon opening it, he examines his suitcase covered mattress. "Let's settle, shall we?" He tugs them off the mattress, and layers them at the foot.

Reaching into his side bureau, he pulls out a navy blue bed sheet, a quilt his mother had made him for his seventeenth birthday, and three pillows.

Jasper takes the sheet, and places in over his mattress. He then takes the pillows, and layers them onto the queen. After this, he picks up his quilt, and sets it over the bed.

"I'll unpack tomorrow." He takes his laptop from one of his suitcases, and slides into bed.

Opening up his most recent document, he examines the title. "An Unknown Love" it reads. He still can't say 100% what it's about. What he knew so far though, was that it focused around a young black man, seeking acceptance and love in a world full of hatred and fear, as he raises two young girls, with his loving husband.

     Jasper remembers deciding to write this under his female pen name, instead of his normal one, to not tarnish his name. He had always been afraid, he never understood why. Perhaps the idea of others judgment and ridicule frightens him.

"Alright. How 'bout this."

     'The day had been long, and I could no longer handle the stress. I slid into bed, and waited for him to join me.'

     "Blake?" Blake looked up at his partner, who stood half naked, in the doorway. "You okay?"

     Blake hummed softly to himself. "I'm okay Oliver. Come. Join me." Oliver strutted to the bed, and slid in.

     "I missed you today. The girls couldn't wait for you to come home."

"The cake they made, was delicious." Blake kissed Oliver's cheek.

"They're getting better at cooking."

"Indeed they are."

~~~

      "All I'm saying is, this is a really accepting and forgiving community. We're kinda like a family. Even the thieves."

     Jasper stops at the head of the stairs, hearing Elliot's voice ring through the house.

     "I'm glad this is a nice neighborhood." Erica smiles, chuckling as she stirs her coffee.

     "As am I. I can't really afford to move." Elliot laughs.