26 Girls' night confessions

A/N Shout out to the lovely @Ehcimocs who voted for my fic in the PTX Fanfiction awards - Thanks bb!

If you enjoy this work, please vote for The Pact here https://www.wattpad.com/391570991-the-pentatonix-fanfiction-awards-2017-open.

I will be forever grateful! 💖

And now - back to business. Be warned, it's a long and bumpy one, mention of a panic attack, so hold on tight.

Just Mitch and Kirstie and secrets.

Mitch and Kirstie cuddled on the couch in silence. Mitch wriggled round so his head lay in her lap, and stared up at the ceiling. He enjoyed the feel of her fingers stroking his arm, and he breathed out.

"Love this cashmere, darling," she said. "So soft."

"I fucked up," he said. "Really truly. He invited me for a meal, he even cooked for me. I wanted to talk to him, finally talk and apologise properly. For Bailey, for everything." He closed his eyes. "Instead, I hurt him, again, and he hates me, again."

He was grateful that she remained silent, rubbing circles on his scalp and waiting.

"Luca and me, we had something real. I loved him, Kirst. But he wanted me to stay in Italy and leave everything behind. Leave the past behind me."

"Mmm."

"He didn't want me to sing any more. Said I'd become more than just a singer and I should embrace it. Don't get me wrong, I loved experimenting with my talents. I modelled, tried out for films, did some designing, but music was off limits. We rowed, God, I don't know how many times, then we'd kiss and have incredible make up sex and go to another party."

Mitch sat up and took a sip of wine, then curled into the corner of the couch away from Kirstie. He didn't deserve comfort for what he was about to say.

"Did Scott ever tell you what happened?"

"Not really. He said that it was over between you, that's all. None of us could honestly believe it. And when Bailey left him soon after, he crumbled. Hid himself away and you know, it was a dark time." Kirstie pressed her lips together. "He wouldn't see me. Or anyone."

"We had a really big fight. I'd come back from Italy and things were a bit rocky... he wanted Bailey to come out with us. But I wanted some time just with my best friend. I needed to talk." Mitch took a breath.

"He said I had to get along with her, she was his everything. I couldn't accept that he... we started shouting at each other, and it just slipped out."

"What?"

"I told him he was using Bailey to get a baby. That he was denying his truth. That - that he could lie to himself but I didn't want any part of it. And then I left."

He gulped air. There was more, but he didn't want to remember all those bitter words, and Scott's shocked face, and how his righteous anger had turned to ash in his mouth.

Beside him Kirstie went very still.

"Scott never really labelled himself," she said quietly. "He says the heart wants what it wants. Of all people--"

"I know. He should have had my support, no question. But Bailey wanted more of him, and less of me. Once we started to fight over him, there was no going back."

Mitch hid his face in a cushion, shoulders shaking.

"No! Don't touch me." It came out sharper than he meant. He turned back to see Kirstie withdraw her hand.