ᔕI᙭ | TᕼE ᗪIᔕGᑌIᔕE

They sailed onward, and two days later, they intercepted the Indigo

They sailed onward, and two days later, they intercepted the Indigo. She was a massive ship, heavily laden with treasures she was carrying to Kingston in exchange for sugar and rum. "Stay in the cabin. If they take over the ship, which is highly unlikely, I want you to hide here." Carson removed a panel in the wall, behind which was a very small room, stocked with rations, rum, and wine. "It can be locked from the inside. There is another panel, here." And to her immense surprise, when he removed it, sunlight came streaming in. The sea glistened below them. "It's a bit of a drop, but if the ship is taken over, wait until they pull into harbor some where. When it is dark, jump and swim to shore. Once on shore, find a place to hide until I can come find you. If I am wounded or otherwise incapable of rescuing you, I have made arrangements with Cod. Do you understand?"

She nodded grimly, and he quickly resealed the panels. "Now please, Amber, stay in the cabin and don't come out. I wish to return you to your family in one piece." He walked to the door, but she rushed after him, taking his hand up into her own.

"Be careful. Don't let your haste to find her interfere with your concentration." she said, softly.

He smiled kindly down at her, and he gently brushed his finger across her cheek. Then he was gone.

The men were tensed, waiting for action. The canons had been loaded. Now they were merely waiting for the Indigo to come into range. "Cod," Carson began, "-hoist the colors." The crew laughed in anticipation, and the skull and cross bones made its way up the mast where it finally came to rest at the top, flurrying in the sea breeze.

Their opponents had spotted them, and it was only a matter of seconds before the fight began. "FIRE!"

The canons roared as the Endurance opened fire upon the Indigo. They met their mark as the canons tore open the side of the massive treasure ship. But instead of fighting, she turned and ran. "She's pulling hard to starboard lads!" yelled Captain Reed. "Hold your fire!" The Endurance followed the Indigo's example as they began their pursuit. "Open fire!"

Even the sea seemed to tremble as the canons continued to fire upon the english galleon. But as the Indigo was weighed down with gold, the Endurance was quickly upon her. "Prepare to board!" And with an ear splitting roar, the pirates swung across the sea and boarded the Indigo. To their immense surprise and disappointment, they met little resistance, and in a matter of minutes the ship was in their control. Carson quickly made his way to the belly of the ship on the pretense of finding the treasure.

There were very few prisoners, eight or ten at the most. Frantically he searched for Isabelle, and he was careful to look into every pair of eyes, but she was no where to be found. Frustrated he yelled, "Does anyone know if a woman was ever aboard this ship?" There was no reply. "ANSWER ME IF YOU WISH TO KEEP YOUR LIFE!" he roared.

Finally, in the back, he heard a feeble voice. "I know who you seek."

Peering into the darkness, the captain saw a very old man who appeared to be dying. He was very badly wounded. Bringing him a ladle of water, he carefully held the old man's head as he gave him a drink. "Now, tell me what you know."