part five

i awoke slowly, my eyes fluttering open. it took me a minute to recognize my surroundings, then i realized i was in the "bed" of a tent. i slowly got up and limped out, where i saw people all busy at work. i went to put up my hair, when i sighed and realized it was now above my shoulders. i looked around for anyone familiar, when someone called my name.

i turned around, and saw clarke coming towards me. i immediately walked up to her with furrowed eyebrows.

"could you explain how i ended up in that position?" i asked, genuinely confused.

her expression dropped. "what do you mean?" she asked.

"i mean, i woke up with absolutely no memory of how i got into the grounders territory, better yet, tied up in a dark room." i said.

she furrowed her eyebrows. "i was wondering the same thing." she said.

my eyes narrowed. "you mean you don't know?" i asked.

"no." she said. "you were with bellamy one second, and the next you were missing. we tried to ask bellamy what happened, but he wouldn't budge."

"i was with bellamy?" my voice sounded much more bitter than i wanted it to be.

"yes..." she said in a "duh" tone.

i let it sink in, before i set off to find bellamy.

i walked around the working people, and eventually found bellamy talking to another person, probably ordering him.

when i reached him, he looked over at me and dismissed the boy. "liking the new hair." he said.

i crossed my arms over my chest as i gave him a stern expression. "how did i end up as a grounder's prisoner?" i asked.

his jaw clenched, and he looked away. "how should i know? don't you remember?" he said.

"no, i don't. but you should." i said raising an eyebrow.

he shifted on his feet, before he looked at me. "we were talking, and you ran off. you probably fell or... something, and they found you and took you." he said, but he wouldn't look me in the eye.

"you're lying." i said simply.

he sighed as he looked at me. "no i'm not."

i narrowed my eyes at him. "i'm not stupid, bellamy. i obviously had a reason to 'run off.' you probably know what happened exactly. so spill."

he exhaled before turning around. "not here."

i followed him out of the gates as he stood against the wall. after he stayed silent, i gave him a gesture. "well?" i said.

"what do you last remember?" he said.

i contemplated it, before answering. "you guys came back, and murphy was banished." 

his eyes widened, and he looked shocked. "you don't remember anything after that?" he asked.

"nope." i said, popping the p.

a flash of hurt crossed his eyes, and i begun to wonder what happened that i don't remember. "what happened since then?" i asked.

"event-wise, a girl from the ark came, and now we have contact with them." he said.

"and... none event-wise?" i said slowly.

he begun to walk away, but i grabbed his arm. "i think i deserve to know." i said.

he clenched his jaw and turned around to face me. "we became friends." he said.

i scrunched my face up, but asked further. "what were we talking about that made me run?"

he exhaled. "us."

YOO! keep tuned bc next chapter will be very revealing to what happened ;)