Ch. 65

AN: I'm skipping to when the baby is born because I can and because I'm bored.

Justin

Monday, March 26th, 2018

"Have a good day, Avi. You might just have a little sister when you get home."

"Daddy, if mommy has the baby, can you please pick me up? Please?" Aviella shows me her puppy dog face and I smile.

"I'll try, but if she does have the baby, she'll want me there as soon as possible. I'll have grandma come get you."

"Okay. I love you, daddy."

"I love you too, princess." I kiss her cheek and place her on the ground.

Aviella walks inside the classroom and I make my way back to my car. Everyone was on edge because Ariana could have the baby at any moment, but we weren't absolutely sure. The due date was tomorrow but only ten percent of babies actually come on their due dates so we weren't expecting it to happen.

Ariana was at Joan's house with Frankie since I had to work, and Frankie would call me if she went into labor.

Ariana

10:46 am

"I am ready to get this child out of me. I just want her here now." I say into the phone.

I was talking to Olivia, about babies, of course. She was almost six months pregnant, and it was definitely because of the week we spent at Disneyland.

"I can't wait to meet her. What did you decide to name her?"

"Should I tell now?"

"Yes you should."

"Okay, we picked a first and a middle name because we're awesome. And because I didn't have middle name. Not that I want one, but-"

"Get on with it!" Olivia interrupts me and I laugh.

"Sorry. Her name is-"

"Um, Olivia, you've done this before, right?"

"Done what?"

"Had a baby."

"Oh, obviously. Why?"

"Can you please explain to me why I'm leaking?"

"Ariana, did your water break?"

"I would say so, yes."

"Go to the hospital. Now." Olivia hangs  up the phone and I look down.

This is when it finally sets in. I'm having a baby.

"Frankie!" I scream.

I hear him on the stairs and in 0.2 seconds, he's in front of me.

"I took four stairs at a time. What?"

"Baby... coming... Now!" I say slowly.

"OMG, let's go now." Frankie helps me stand up and walks me to the car.

"Oh! We need to call your husband. Call your husband." Frankie says.

I fumble with my phone, then pause and take a deep breath. The pain is starting.

I click on Justin's name and wait for him to answer, which he does quickly.

"What's happening?"

"Baby coming. It hurts."

"I'm on the way now. Remember to breathe. I have to call your mom and ask her to pick up Aviella on her way to the hospital. I'll call you right back."