Ch. 172

Ariana

Friday, 11:48 pm

"Ariana?" Justin says.

"What, baby?"

"I have the most amazing idea in the entire history of the world."

"And that is?"

"We should play hide and seek in the dark."

"Should we really?"

"Yes, now get up and go hide because you have thirty seconds." Justin pushes me out of the bed and I laugh.

"Seriously. I'm counting."

"29...28...27..." I turn around and run out of our bedroom.

I have no idea where to hide in this house and it's not like I can see anything either. I decide to stay downstairs because maybe Justin will think I went upstairs and give me more time to hide.

Of course, only my husband has to count down from ten extra loud. Luckily for me, I am small and I can fit into cabinets. I take advantage of that and hide in one of the cabinets in the kitchen.

"Ready or not, here I come!" Justin yells.

I hear him run out of the bedroom, then I hear his giant feet on the stairs. I know my husband so well.

"Wife, if you love me, you'll come out now and let me win."

I guess I don't love him. I hear Justin all throughout the house, then he comes into the kitchen. I try to breathe as quietly as possible because he's literally right there and can probably hear me.

"I know my wife did not hide in these cabinets." Justin starts opening cabinets and I cover my mouth.

"Well, she's not in here." He closes a cabinet and starts to walk out of the kitchen.

I can finally breathe, but he's really dumb. Seriously! I mean, who stops looking after only a couple? Well, I guess that's how it always is in movies.

"Ha!" Justin yanks the cabinet open and I scream.

"Found you." He smirks, holding his hand out.

I take it and he pulls me out of the cabinet.

"You really think I'm that stupid?"

"Well, actually..."

"Don't answer that. I was timing myself and it took 11 minutes and 23 seconds to find you."

"You suck. Shots! Shots! Shots!"

"Since when was that part of the rules?"

"Since now. Shots!" 

"I guess, for my Queen."

"Good. I suggest Bacardi. And since this is my idea, it's what you're gonna drink." I smile innocently and Justin rolls his eyes. 

"Sometimes, you can be really evil."

Using the flashlight on my phone, I take two shot glasses out of one of the cabinets and Justin gets the bottle of Bacardi from the highest cabinet in the kitchen, where all the liquor is. It was actually a refrigerator in disguise because me and my husband are geniuses. Not that it was actually working right now, but the stuff inside was still cold.

Justin pours himself a shot and I smile, watching him down it.

"New rule. For every minute over ten minutes, you have to take another shot. Luckily for you, you only took 11. My turn!" I squeal.