D is for Don't Do Drugs

A/n: it's been like 2 weeks since I updated.  Oops.  Please suggest ideas if you want faster updates.  (I already have ones for E and P, but I'll take them for anything else).

"Connor is high again." Evan announced as he sat down at their lunch table.

Zoe, Alana, and Jared all facepalmed in unison.

"Is that why he's not at school?" Alana asked.

"Wait a second," Jared interjected.  "How do you know?"

"He...uh...he kissed m-me..."

Zoe chuckled to herself, "You sure he's high?  Sounds like something he would do."

Evan blushed and spun his tray around absent-mindedly, "We're not dating, Zoe."

"You're not?" Jared said, looking genuinely surprised.

"But don't you flirt all the time?" Alana jumped in.

Evan was about to deny this, but Jared interrupted, "No, no.  Connor is the one who flirts with Evan.  Evan does this blushy thing and he taps his feet and tries to ignore their feelings."

Evan tried to stop blushing but it made him blush even harder, "He also...was acting funny...almost like-"

"Weed," Zoe, Jared, and Alana confirmed.

"Why were you at his house this morning?" Jared winked suggestively.

"I lent him my sweater because he was c-cold," Evan explained.

Jared gagged like he was going to puke, "I can't take any more of this cute couply stuff."

"I can't take anymore of Connor doing drugs this early.  I've had enough of this.  We need to stop him," Zoe started to get up.

"This could be damaging for his future if he does something stupid," Alana agreed.

Jared scoffed, "He's already done many stupid things."

"Where are you going?" Evan said as he noticed that his three friends were already leaving the cafeteria.

"This is for your boyfriend's own good," Jared called.  Evan watched them walk out the door as he remained seated, determined not to be a delinquent and skip school like the rest of them.  He sat in silence for two seconds and looked around.  He was really lonely.  Trying to keep what little of his dignity that he still had left, he stood up and sprinted after them.

They were getting into Jared's car.  Evan hopped in the backseat next to Alana, not saying a word.

They parked a little down the street from the Murphy house.

Alana directed them to a nearby bush and they all crouched down.

"Okay so here's the plan," Zoe instructed.  "Connor and I both know there are only four safe hiding spots in the house that go untouched by the cleaning lady and our parents.  One of them is mine, which means Connor knows better not to even think of hiding his stash there.  And no I'm not telling you where it is, Jared."

Jared pouted.

Zoe continued describing her plot, "Alana, Jared, and I will check the other three spots.  The first one is the garden.  There is a a hole by the backdoor covered with leaves and a blue tarp.  Alana will check that.  There is a trunk in Connor's room.  The lock is broken and it is right under the window.  Jared, you can use the ladder that is conveniently placed by that same side of the house to sneak in and search that trunk.  As for me, I'll check the shed.  I've got a key.  When I'm done I'll be the lookout.  If anyone needs help or has been spotted, text this group chat immediately.  Sounds good?  Any questions?"