2. Sick

Ash coughed again as Kukui placed a wet rag on his head. "Stun spore?" Kukui repeated his question from a few minutes ago. Ash nodded and coughed again.

Kukui sighed and walked to the kitchen. He opened the cabinets and looked for a Paralysis Heal or Full Restore.

He turned to the 10 year old, "Ash, we don't have any Full Restores or Paralysis Heals. I need to go out for some. Can you take care of yourself for 10 minutes?"

Ash didn't answer as he breathed heavier. Kukui sighed and shook his head, "Oh who am I kidding? You're not going to be able to take care of yourself."

"We'll have to wait for it to pass through your system Ash." Kukui told him. He grabbed a chair and sat down next to Ash. Ash's cheeks slowly grew bigger as he sat up, reaching for the bucket. He threw up and began to steady his breathing.

He layed back down after olacing the bucket down and squeezed the Charmander Pokédoll he had.

Ash coughed again, some of the orange powder leaving through his mouth. He looked up at the Professor, "D...addy?"

Professor Kukui's eyes widened as he tried to process what Ash had called him. Ash closed his eyes as the Professor grabbed the rag and dipped it in the bucket full of water that was next to him.

He strained it and placed it on Ash's head again. "Don't worry Ash. It should pass in an hour or two." Professor Kukui assured the young boy.

Ash coughed again and held his stomach, "It... hurts!" Kukui placed a hand on his stomach, "It's just because of the Stun Spore."

Professor Kukui looked towards the window, "Oh! Of course, maybe there's a Cheri Berry outside in those trees."

He ran out and looked for the pinkish berry with Pikachu and Rockruff. "Did any of you find one?" Kukui asked the 2 Pokémon.

Pikachu nodded, "Chu." They handed him the small berry and ran inside. He sat back down next to Ash, "Here Ash, eat this."

Ash pursed his lips and turned his head. "Oh right, your stomach hurts." Kukui remembered.

"Ash please, eat this, it'll make you feel better. Please?" Kukui asked softly. Ash looked at him and coughed again.

He turned away, kicking the sheets off for the thousanth time. Kukui knitted his eyebrows together and said, "Ash, please!"

Ash shook his head, the paralysis kicking in and stoppin his movement. "What if I make a soup Ash?"

The ten year old saw the look in the man's eyes and shook his head slowly. He reached for the pink berry, coughing lightly.

He weakly grabbed the berry from him and held it to his mouth, shakily. He opened his mouth, breathing heavily.

He couldn't, it hurt too much. Kukui grabbed it and held it to his mouth, "C'mon Ash... please... for me?" Ash looked up and nibbled at the berry, feeling a bit better, but still weak.

He took a small bite and swallowed, laying his head down. Ash closed his eyes and curled up. Kukui covered him again and kissed him on the head, "Goodnight Ash."

"G'night Daddy." Ash whispered, snuggling into the covers.

Two hours later

Ash yawned softly as he opened his brown eyes. He looked around, no sign of the Professor. His head was throbbing, it hurt. It's what he got for messing with Mallow's Steenee.

She felt terrible, but it was Ash's fault for poking it. He rubbed his head, hoping the headache would go away soon.

He stood up and dusted his hair off, placing the cap carefully on his head, "Pikachu? Rockruff? Litten? Rowlet?"

It was dark out, no wonder no one answered. He saw the 4 Pokémon snuggled together on the couch. Rotom was powered off for the night as well.

He still didn't find Professor Kukui. He walked into the lab quietly, seeing that he was fast asleep with his head on the desk.

Ash walked out and grabbed the pillow from Kukui's bed. He quickly and quietly cleaned up the papers on his desk and placed them aside. He then carefully lifted the Professor's head and placed the pillow underneath, allowing his head to finally touch the soft surface.

He kissed his forehead, "G'night Dad." He yawned and walked out, proceeding to go to bed himself.

He slowly fell asleep as he squeezed the Pokédoll of a Charmander.

Time skip

Kukui woke up yawning. He stood up and wiped the drool from his chin. He smiled when he saw the pillow Ash must've put when he was asleep. He also cleaned the information he had on the desk.

That explained why his cheek didn't hurt.

He walked out and yawned, seeing Ash watching TV with RotomDex, Pikachu and Rockruff. Litten and Rowlet were still sleeping.

He watched for a few moments Ash pumped his fist in the air, "He's just a few moments away from finding the culprit!"

"I think it's this man!" RotomDex said, pointing to a young 15 year old. "Nah, it's definitely the Pharmascist.!" Ash said, pointing to an older man in a lab coat.

"He's a Doctor." Rotom corrected him. "He reminds me of Doctor Doofenshmirtz." Ash added. "From Phineas and Ferb?" Rotom questioned.

"Yep." Ash responded, shrugging.

"Ash?" Kukui asked, startling the 10 year old. "Hm?" Ash asked, his eyes not moving from the TV.

Kukui walked up behind him, "Can you look at me for a moment?" Ash nodded, "Uh huh." He still didn't turn from the TV. Kukui's eyes narrowed as he reached for the remote and turned it off.

"Hey! I was watching Alolan Detective! He was about to reveal the culprit!" Ash whined, turning to the Professor. "How're you feeling?" Kukui asked, sitting next to Ash on the couch. "Better thanks to you, Pikachu and Rockruff. Thank you Dad." Ash said, hugging Kukui.

Kukui smiled slightly and hugged back, "No problem." Oh he'd have to get used to Ash calling him Dad. Not that he minded...