Hide |1|

Ok. Second fanfic. All photos are owned by the talented artists behind them. Woo! Let's go!

I pulled my bandana to let the air in. Nervous sweat rolled down my nose. I pulled the end of my shirt as Winston pushed the door open. He was the only one I was comfortable around. How did I get here?

"(Y/N)?" The gorilla called out to me. He was frozen there, as if he saw a ghost. Well, he was looking at one. I hugged my legs up to my chest, cowering in fear. Wounds scattered all over my body, and I was surrounded by rubble and debris.
"You're alive... I can't believe it," he motioned towards me, but I only moved back. I held one hand up weakly in defense from the stranger. "It's me, Winston," he crept closer, confused at my actions. I didn't know him, or at least that's what I thought.
"Don't hurt me... please," my voice shook, and it only confused him more.
"(Y/N)... Please, it's me. Don't you remember me?" He slowly held his hand out, careful not to startle me. I shook my head no as I hesitated to place my hand on his. Seeing that made his face twist into a frightened look. He pulled my up gently and led me out of that sickening place. I was free, at last.

"It's ok, (Y/N). There's no need to rush. I know loosing your memories have been harsh. Just take it all in slowly, ok?" Winston's words were reassuring. I nodded in response. He returned the gesture and pushed the door open. He walked in, and I followed close behind. I couldn't see behind his large figure, so I peeked out from behind him. There were shocked and confused faces. Some had tears run down there faces, one of them being a blonde girl in a lab coat. A man stood up in disbelief, his white hair glistening and his red visor glowing. I quickly hid back behind Winston. Pathetic. A grown woman hiding behind a gorilla. Is this even normal?!

"Oh my god... (Y/N), is that really you?" The woman covered her mouth with both hands as tears flowed over them. I didn't answer. I didn't know.

Strange. I feel like I've seen them, laughed with them, cried with them, even if I didn't know them at all. Winston had a bitter smile on his face, fighting back his sobs. "She... she doesn't remember anything," he said. The people didn't take that in immediately. They were still shocked by the supposedly dead girl that hid behind Winston.
After a long silence, everyone came to embrace me, but instead, they frightened me. I fell on my rear and crawled back from them.
"(Y/N)... you're alive. Oh dear god, you're alive," the blonde cried. They hung forward to hug me, and this time, I let them.I didn't know what was going on, but I felt home in their warm welcome.
I looked to the side and saw the man with the visor, staring down at me. I couldn't see his face, so he looked quite intimidating.

Soldier 76's POV

Winston called some of us to a meeting. All of us were the members of Overwatch before it fell. It felt strange. "Any idea what's going on?" I probe around. They shook their heads and sat quietly to wait. When those doors opened, Winston walked in. His eyes were red and puffy. I wanted to ask him what happened when a certain face peeked up from behind him.'N-no. It can't be...' I thought, standing up to take a closer look at her. '(Y/N)?' I felt my eyes start to water at the sight.

She's back from the dead, just like me, but I made sure... she was already dead. I saw her die in that explosion... I couldn't believe it. Winston sighed and told us she lost her memory. All that time we spent... lost. Burned into ashes.

The rest of them went to hug her with teary eyes, but she... she backed away. She wasn't like that. She loved hugs. I slowly took towards her as she finally accepted their hugs. I could only stand there. This can't be her, but when she looked at me... when she... agh. My head was full of those pictures. One moment, her bubbly smile was lighting up the room, then the other... covered in blood, her lifeless body was pale. I can't face this woman in front of me. She can fool them, but not me. I let myself out and headed to my room, frustrated. I don't know whether I should believe her or not.
Hana walked by and called out to me with a hand raised, "Hey gramps! Have you seen my-"

Hana's POV
He walked passed me. He'd usually get mad and chase me, but he didn't. Something's off. I can tell-
C-crying?! It's coming from the conroom. I walked briskly towards the room and peeked in. Mercy, Winston, Reinhardt, Torbjorn, Mei, Tracer, Jesse, Genji, and Ana were on the floor, hugging a girl. Who is she? They all look so happy as tears of joy streamed down their faces. I felt like I shouldn't bother them. I left and shrugged the situation off, but I still thought... Was she the person who was making gramps like this? Ooooh... gramps has a soft side!

Your POV
The group backed off to let me breathe. After calming down, they started darting questions at me. I just nodded yes or no because I literally don't remember anything. Those questions about where I've been or how I survived were left unanswered.
I slowly got up and stayed beside Winston. I was obviously scared and confused. I was shy and timid.
The angel named Mercy said, "You're so different from before. You were so full of life and happy!" Her tone switched from joyous to... broken. "You've become so shy and quiet. It's really sad that you lost your memories."
"Yeah, luv! You changed a lot," Tracer told me as she wiped tears from her pretty eyes and fixed her spiky brown hair.
"But it is you, right darlin'?" The cowboy, namely Jesse, tipped his hat back to get a better look at me.
I stayed quiet as they tried to talk to me, not getting much info. Genji walked up to me. "It's alright. You may talk when you are rea-" he was just about to pat my back when I grabbed his arm and threw him. They had surprised looks on their faces as Mei helped Genji up. My eyes turned dark and lifeless, almost as if I wasn't myself. Truth is... I wasn't.
"Don't touch her," I said coldly. 'I didn't mean it. I swear. Please stop. I don't want to hurt anyone.' I went back to my usual quiet self. I covered my mouth with my shaky hands and continuously shook my head. I ran out of the room and out the building, avoiding everyone I passed. I ran as far as I can and rested at the foot of a tree.
I cried bitter tears, telling myself, "Please stop. They're here to help. Don't hurt them." The voice inside me replied, "You can't trust anyone. Remember your old team? They treated you like garbage. I'm just trying to protec-" "Stop trying! It'll hurt me even more to know I hurt someone, so please... go to sleep for a while," I wove my fingers into my (h/l) (h/c) locks and squeezed my head. It was quiet already. I relaxed as I realized she went back to sleep. I let out a small sigh as I sobbed.
I could hear them calling out that name they keep calling me. Maybe I am who they say, but I won't accept that too easily.

In the corner of my eye, I see a figure walk towards me. They wore a dark robe, a hood, and a barn owl skull mask. Creepy was the first word that came to mind. They crushed the dry leaves on the ground as they started towards me. I turned around to see the man hold me up by the throat, his metal talons digging into my skin.
"Hm. They really did find someone who looks like her," he said with a dark raspy voice, examining me like an object. He lifted me, my feet dangling a few inches off the ground. "But this thing isn't her. She's barely convincing," he kept talking in third person, as if I wasn't even there.
We both heard the calls getting louder. They were close. The figure grunted and turned into smoke, shocking me for a bit. I fell to floor, trying to process what just happened.
"(Y/N)!" Tracer blinked towards me. I held my throat and coughed up a storm. "Are you ok, love?" She helped me up and rubbed my back, but tears started to trickle down my face. She brought me back to base and let me sit on a couch in the lounge. The rest of the members came rushing in. All of them... except that one guy.

"No one knows you like I do. Don't. Trust. Them." The voice told me over and over. Their voices faded and everything went black.