Unfortunate |4|

Get ready for some (real weak) feels! Guys, like I said in the A/N, school just started. That's really disappointing especially since I won't be able to update faster. I know I haven't been posting quicker, but I really just don't want to give you stories not worth your time. Please bear with my writer's block. Thankees.

~//~

We were waiting for the commander's orders. There have been some omnics taking women and children hostage in South Africa. There's a village there that I promised to protect. I only hope that we get to take action immediately.

I scan around the room. It was static. My groupmates' eyes were glued to the mission details. Was it really just me who was feeling jittery? I ran the back of my hand over my forehead. There was cold sweat over me. I tapped on the table, nervously waiting for Gabe to tell us we can move out.

The door swung open, the dark male walking in with a distressed face. I stand up and ask, "So? Can we go now?"

He stayed silent for a while, taking his seat, then shook his head. I felt my hands clench into fists on the table as I sit back down. "Why?" My voice got harsher, catching the attention of my group. Jack, who was beside me, placed a hand on my shoulder.

"We'll have to wait two days before we can take action. Our supplies were depleted from the last battle we had," he explained, but I wasn't satisfied. I stood up again, but this time, I slammed my hands on the table, shocking the group. I don't think I've been this mad before.

"Two days?! The omnics would be finished taking everyone hostage by then! We have to move now!" I screamed. The room was silent, my quick heartbeat the only sound I could hear.

"Calm down, chérie..." Gérard beckoned me to sit back down, but I swatted his hand away. I glare at Gabriel, "I can't just sit here and wait until blood's been shed! What's a few suppli-"

"Those few supplies will be used to infiltrate the bases they took over! We'll be able to save those people without catching the omnics' attention! We'll have less casualties! Do you understand that?!" Gabe yelled back, heading over to where I was. Ana tried to mediate the situation, coming in between us two. I grunt and storm out of the room, leaving some dumbfounded teammates and a steaming commander. He sat back down and tried to relax.

They looked at each other and exchanged baffled faces. "That was quite the sight, don't you think?" Gérard tried to lighten the situation, but the statement only made the atmosphere more tense. He sighed, getting up. "I will head after her," with that, he left the room, jogging after me.

The rest left the room as well, leaving the two boys alone again. Jack stared at Gabe, who was still fuming. Gabe's head rested on his weaved hands, breathing harshly. Jack decided to break the silence.

"Supplies... That wasn't why we can't go immediately, is it?" Jack asked, already knowing what the answer was. "She's reckless. We both know that. If she goes out there unprepared, she's bound to do something stupid," Gabe's voice was low and troubled.

"I understand where you're coming from, but don't forget she was chosen by the UN to join us for a reason," the blonde stood up, heading for the door. "I hope you made the right decision, Gabe." And on that note, Gabe was left alone, regretting his harsh tone on me.

Jack made a beeline for the training room. He checked every single room except it, since he wasn't familiar with this new attitude of mine. He didn't know where I'd go in a situation like this. He cautiously opened the door, and there I was, hanging upside-down on one of the bars. My eyes stayed closed, but my face would twist in sadness from time to time.