08

thanks for 1k reads 🙏🏽🙏🏽
i'm sorry how shitty the last chapter was,
i was in a rush and i didn't really think about the grammar.
it'll be edited soon!!

-

we have decided to prepare our little 'meeting' (as yeonjoo disapproves to call it as a tutoring) in my house because it is the closest to both the school and fantagio's main building. though i feel like the main reason was because yeonjoo didn't want me to visit her house (i guess it'll be pretty weary for a guy to visit a girl's house in her second week of school?) which i totally understand. besides, my mother wouldn't mind if i were to come with a company.

the last thing that is a part of my concern is my self control and the ability for me to look cool around her. i am doing the best that i can, but i feel like i'll be failing it in no time.

"you walk to the subway?" yeonjoo asked as she wrapped her arms around her stomach, trying to fetch off the cold weather. she barely wore anything other than sopa's shitty uniform that doesn't help during the winter's cold.

"yeah, around 300 meters from here." i stopped. "what, you'd like to take a cab?"

"no, no! i'm f-fine." her voice was trembling. i brushed the hair off her swollen cheeks and stared at her red nose before realizing what i had to do all this time.

i was supposed to give her my coat, dammit-

i am ashamed of myself.

as we were walking, i awkwardly took off my coat and covered her with it, trying to make her comfortable as possible. she looked at me strangely. "what are you doing?"

"you're cold."

"yeah, and you're cold too."

"n-no, i'm-m not." it was surprising how fast the cold got to me, my voice was already trembling as i nearly stumble into a frozen death.

"you should wear this, you'd get sick-"

"no, you'd get sick too."

"park jihoon, you have a training to fulfill!"

"kim yeonjoo," i widened my eyes, "you too!"

"fine!" she threw the coat to me and i grabbed it immediately before it reached the icy ground.

i paused for a moment before i pulled her closer so that i could adjust the multifunctional coat for the both of us. she slowly wanted to scoot away but i stopped her. this won't affect both of us in any way, if this was still in the condition where our career's at stake. "see? this way, we both won't get sick and we won't have to deal with doyeon's wave of anger."

she chuckled. we reached the onsu subway station faster than i expected, our position is still in menace, purposely trying not to hold hands while we were sharing the coat. people surround us might think we're just a bunch of students from one of the most prestigious schools in south korea, acting all hopeless romantic while sharing a coat in a subway station.

but in reality, we were just two teenagers who just had their asses frozen outside.

oh, and a bad score bringing them together.

we went in the subway and we noticed only one seat was available. no, not this argument again. i cleared my throat. "you should sit there."

she shook her head. "no, you should. you look tired."

"well, you need to rest, too."

"what about we both just stand?"

"what's with that if we'd actually get an opportunity for one of us to sit there?"

"well then it won't be fair." she crossed her arms.

i scrunched my nose. "great, i'll seat there and you'll seat on my lap."

she hit me on the arm. "what is wrong with you?!"

"hey! we're both not making up a conclusion-"

before i could finish my sentence, an old lady tapped my shoulder. "excuse me, is this seat available?"

"yes it is!" yeonjoo immediately came to her senses and had the woman take the spare seat they were having an argument on. she then stood closer to me and lurches an eyebrow. "well that was easy."

"that was the most stupid argument i've ever had." i sighed in relief. "let's go, then."

during the ride, yeonjoo and i discussed about the condition in sm, and how we had different opinions when it comes to their equality to debut the both genders though they had more female trainees than males. we also talked about produce 101, and how she didn't apply for it because she was bad at those kind of shows (she's not good at variety, and i have to agree with that) and that we both have faith for yoojung to outshine the other participating trainees.

talking to her seem to be an easy thing to do when there's no one else, as she seemed more open and i didn't have to be all awkward around her. it comes to my surprise that she enjoyed talking to me too.

i guess it's a start of an even friendship.

we immediately walked to my house once we arrived, and i won't say that it's that far from the subway station.

"you want hot cocoa?" i asked as we passed by a local cafe that i usually come to every week.

she squinted her eyes. "ah, i don't think we'd have the time-"

"come on, yeonjoo-ah. it'll be fun." i ended up dragging her in and we hit up with the shop's all-time favorites that - in no doubt - blew her mind away. we then reached my house, greeted by my worrisome mother who immediately organized my room once she knew that we had company.

"mom, we're here just to study," i had my voice hinting with discouragement and uncomfortableness.

"jihoon-ah, she's a pretty girl! we have to treat her like she deserves it, don't you agree, yeonjoo?"

yeonjoo smiles weakly. "ah, you really didn't have to. i'm won't be here for long."

her voice. it kills me.

"yeah," i took yeonjoo's bag and carried it upstairs. "just a tutoring."

"jihoon-"

"ain't nothing." i swear, yeonjoo is going to kill me when i said that but i don't really take any double checks anymore. "thanks mom!"

"good luck, kids!" mom yelled from downstairs.

we immediately adjusted ourselves on the desk after we reached my room, yeonjoo did not comment on anything that happened before. i stared at her. ".. you like my room?"

she looked around. "i could see that you like bright things."

"it's nice."

"it's as tragic as your fashion sense."

"i'm sorry?"

"never mind, please do continue." she flipped the pages of her book quite aggressively and we started our tutoring-

i mean, our little 'meeting'.

after about 45 minutes of studying, i went back to check on my phone that was charging on the other side of the room. "hm, yeonjoo-ah —"

no answer.

i turned around to see kim yeonjoo sleeping soundly on the studying desk, her hair partly covering her face.

and that's when i realized how noticeable the bags under her eyes were.

-

fluffy!jihoon? first love!jihoon? idk, you choose.

after the top 11 is decided, i will be publishing a horror!pd101 fic consisting of those 11 men, so please do look forward!

- yuehwa