Listen to me

BEAST'S POINT OF VIEW
As I waited for her to wake up I thought about doing something special for her. Planning a perfect day just for her. I wanted to get to know her better and spend as much time with her as I can.

I don't know what to do for her though. Hopefully something will come to mind. I heard a door open and her soft steps coming down the stairs she was awake. I walked out of the library to greet her. She smiled at me.

"Hope you didn't miss me too much" I rolled my eyes. "Cause spending an hour by myself is torture" she laughed at my sarcasm. "Hayley I was hoping to get to know you a little better" "alright as long as I can get to know you too"

"Of course" I smiled. I took her hand and guided her towards the library. "So Hayley what was your life like back in town?" "Oh well it wasn't anything special people gossiping mostly about me since I was new and different and of course the drunks roaming the streets most of the day other than that it was a quiet town"

I shook my head in understanding. "What about your family?" She stopped. "Oh them.." she sounded depressed. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to bring it up I didn't know" "no no it's alright I knew I'd have this conversation some time and I've come to terms with it"

She sat down at the window sill and motioned for me to sit next to her. "I don't have any family left my mother left me when I was five and I never had any siblings so it was always just father and I"  I started rubbing her back to try and comfort her it was hard I wasn't use to comforting anyone and I didn't know if I was helping at all.

She smiled I guess it was working. "The day I showed up to your castle was the day he died" I could see the tears running down her cheeks. I wrapped my arms around her and held her close to me. "I found him dead in our home after he had a heart attack while I was in town" she muffled into my chest.

"I-I wasn't there for him he died all alone and if I had stayed home he could still be alive" "Hayley there was nothing you could've done" she looked up at me. "After I found him like that I was a coward I just ran into the woods frustrated and upset I ended up losing my way until I found your castle"

"I'm glad you found my castle" "I'm glad too" she hugged me tighter. "Just remember it was never your fault it was your father's time, things happen for a reason" she smiled "I know" I wiped away her tears with my finger.

"What about you Beast what was your family like?" "Let's just say they weren't the best influence except for my mother she loved me so much she had gotten sick and died when I was younger it devastated me and I was left with my strict father he was a nasty man" "that sounds horrible I'm so sorry"

"I eventually grew up but little did I know I ended being like my father the one person I didn't want to become" "How so? you are such a lovely person" "you've seen my short temper don't lie" she looked down "yes but I've also seen your soft side" I smiled at her positive thoughts.

"I was very judgmental towards everyone I only let the rich and the beautiful into my castle" "then why am I here" "because I've changed and to me you are beautiful" her cheeks turned a bright red. "Anyway one night an old lady came to my door asking for shelter in exchange for a beautiful rose I dismissed her because she was ugly and poor"

I looked at Hayley I could feel the guilt in my chest rising. "She warned me not to judge people by their appearance but I didn't listen and she turned out to be an enchantress" "looks like you messed with the wrong woman" I chuckled a little "yeah well I was young and stupid apparently that didn't matter to her cause she turned me into this hideous creature I was only eleven years old"

"Well that's harsh for a child I don't think that was fair at all" "it wasn't I would've learned respect at some point but she didn't care, all she saw was a heartless man" she hugged me even tighter "well I'm here now to try and make your life better" I smiled at her kind gesture.

"Hayley will you do me the honor of joining me for lunch?" "Of course your majesty" "please don't call me that I'm far from royalty these days" "I still see a prince in you" I liked how positive she was she always seems to put everyone's feelings in front of hers.

That wasn't a good thing she should also think about herself sometimes instead of always thinking about others but it's hard to change a person. I mean it's good every once in awhile to put others first but you, yourself are more important since your all you have until the end of your days. People come and go but I had a feeling she would be sticking around with me for a long time and I was very happy about that.

While eating lunch I thought of some ideas on how to treat her. I then thought about how she loved music and how I had a whole ballroom the idea hit me. "Hayley?" "Yes Beast?" "I was um wondering if-" why was I so nervous to ask her to a dance?! "If what?"

Just say it! "If you would like to have a ballroom dance with me tonight" that's so simple to ask it's not like I was asking her to marry me or anything why did I choke up? Her face lit up I could tell she was excited about it. "I would love too"

"Alright wear whatever you'd like and after dinner we will dance the night away" "alright I'll be up in my room preparing myself so if you'll excuse me I'll see you tonight" I didn't want her to go but I knew I had to get myself prepared too it's been ten years since I've danced I hope I can still remember how to do it.

"See you tonight Hayley" I watched her leave. That's when the panic set in. What was I thinking! A dance! It was too late to turn back now. I got up from the table and ran up the steps I had to get myself ready for tonight if I was going to impress her.
******************************************