Jack

"Explain" I say as I sit back at the kitchen island. Jace huffs in behind me muttering under his breath as he pulls a chair out to face me, Ayden looks at me guiltily but comes to join us and Logan gives me a small smile before turning back to the stove in what I think could be a concerned smile.

"Well...?" As I ask no one in particular looking at all three of them but leave my eyes on Jace as he is team lead.

"It's not really our story to tell" he says sadly as I watch his Adam's apple bob showing he's swallowing down emotions. "What I can tell you is that Jack is 25, he has been on the team with myself since we joined the Academy. He was involved in an accident a year ago which cost him his leg and now he isn't willing to take an active role on the team. We will never force him to and we are giving him time and space to deal with this how he feels he needs. It was Dr Roberts hope that with adding a new member that he may feel inclined in time to take up a role again but we will not make him do anything he doesn't want to do" Jace states meeting my eye and I give him a nod in understanding. I'm not going to get him to share anymore than he is willing but I am gonna let him know how shitty it was to learn about their team member that way.

"Just because we won't make him do anything he doesn't want to do, doesn't mean that we won't try to involve him or try and get our brother back" Ayden adds and I can see the tension in his shoulders.

"We never expected anyone else to become involved and we have been managing just fine as a trio but having him back on board would be what we dream of happening, even if he doesn't want to be an active role we just want to have him involved again with us. He keeps himself locked away in his room and doesn't come out. We are lucky he has a bathroom in his bedroom or I don't think he would even shower." Logan adds looking frustrated as he runs his hands through his hair. "We have tried everything we can think of to get him to come down and join us and go outside but he refuses.

"And you can see he has a bit of a temper on him when he doesn't want to do something" Jace adds shrugging his shoulder at me.

"It was pretty shitty to meet the secret member of your team the way I did but I have a feeling if it hadn't happened this way I would never of been able to put a face to the name if he doesn't come out. I'm not the best at making people feel better but after only meeting him for those short minutes I want more for him and from the look in your eyes and behaviours I want it for all of you aswell." I tell them and see Ayden and Logan smile at me as Jace nods his head. "What I will say from this though, do not keep secrets from me and do not lie to me. I don't take kindly to it and if it hadn't of been such a severe situation I probably would be going batshit crazy on your asses for keeping something like this from me" I tell them locking eyes with each of them so they are aware that I am not lying. Ayden begins to chuckle but when I glare at him he promptly stops.

"I apologise for not telling you sooner but I thought when we left Dr Roberts was going to tell you or at least prepare you" Jace says in way of explanation and apology.

"Grampa R likes to keep me on my toes but don't worry. Words will be had" I tell them.

"So, do you still want to give this three months a go?" Logan asks tentatively looking at the others to see their opinions. Ayden is smiling nodding his head but Jace looks indifferent to the question.

"I'm willing if you lot are?" I ask feeling slightly apprehensive for some reason but as soon as I say it they all nod in agreement and I feel my heart sink back from my throat.

"We are willing" Jace adds to voice their commitment.

"Okay" I say clapping my hands together. "Now that's out that way, do I get to taste what smell so good?" I say with a smile hoping to move on and stop feeling annoyed.