[ one ]

i woke up from my deep slumber to look at my alarm clock next to me. 07:16. great. i got 3 hours of sleep last night, at most.

i went on with my usual routine of getting ready for the day to meet up with some of my friends and grabbed a water bottle, along with my backpack before knocking continuously on my roomate's bedroom door.

"c'mon Daisy! we need to leave now to meet up with the girls, just as we planned, remember? DUDE, WHAT'S TAKING YOU SO LONG?"

i desperately knocked on the door harder when i received no response from her.

"ok, ok, ok, I'm coming! sheeesh, woman! what crawled up your ass and died last night?"

Daisy opened her bedroom door and started putting on her shoes next to our doormat. i laughed at her salty response and couldn't think of a good comeback so i immediately headed towards the door and opened it for her.

"mi'lady," i said, while bowing and motioning my arms for her to exit our apartment.

Daisy only chuckled at my dramatic actions and flipped her hair to the side, poshly saying

"why thank you, kind sir."

we both laughed at our stupidity and headed to the elevator and made our way to the nearby cafe to start the day.

-

Daisy and I entered the small cafe to see a waving Lexee, accompanied by Joya and Nat, who were practically attacking their pancakes.

it's crazy how much things could change in such a short amount of time. just two months ago, i was just another teenage girl who had just graduated school, and had dreams and aspirations to move to LA, to get to dance alongside some of the world's best dancers while also attending a good college. believe me when I say that I least expected to have these crazy talented girls' phone numbers on my phone, let alone be one of their new closest friends.

"whaddduuupp!!"

i playfully yelled at the girls and took a seat next to Lexee.

"so, how was your weekend?"

"it was good."

"jill. how much sleep did you get last night?"

"uhh, like three hours," i sheepishly smiled and shrugged my shoulders at Lexee.

"were you up all night, thinking about that stupid boy again?"

"he isn't stupid. and we'll talk about this later so please drop the subject before i start feeling miserable again."

Lexee simply nodded and we continued conversing with the other girls and ate our delicious breakfasts.

-

we all parted our ways after having breakfast together.

not knowing where the rest of the group headed off to, Lexee and i decided on going to the Grove. we just talked while walking around the outdoor mall.

"josh. spill. now."

"what do you meannnnnnn? i have nothing else to say about him." i said, while looking down at my cup of melted frozen yoghurt and stirring the thick liquid.

"jill, you haven't been getting enough sleep because of him."

"no. i haven't been getting much sleep because i'm going to start college soon and being the paranoid person that i am, i overthink it. josh is just another thing that i think about but my thinking isn't going to take me anywhere anyway."