[ four ]

"what did he look like? is he tall? oh my gosh, does he have deep blue eyes? was he manly?"

i laughed at Lexee's stupid questions. i had just told Joya and her about the boy that i met at starbucks and all of a sudden, she started to bombard me with a bunch of questions that i didn't expect to be asked. Joya started laughing along with me. i've always loved Joya's laugh. it always had me laughing along too.

i stared at the two girls in front of me. apparently, everyone, and when i say everyone, i mean Josh (P), Nat, Joya, Sean, Julian, and Taylor, knows about my lil' crush. i guess i wasn't as smooth as i would have liked to be.

"i actually didn't pay much attention to his appearance. i mean, i was there to go get a drink, not to find a lover," i said.

"BUT i did catch that he was wearing some pretty cute glasses."

Lexee and Joya both nodded their heads before Joya started to talk.

"hold up. but i thought u like Josh."

"yeah, i like Josh, but just because i thought a boy i saw is cute, doesn't nesecarilly mean i HAVE to like him. besides, it wouldn't hurt anyone even if i did like him. i mean, Josh has his dream girl already so..."

"NO, BUT WHAT ABOUT MY GOSH HEART?" Lexee screamed dramatically.

"what the hell are you talking about?"

"you know, your ship name with Josh. your real name IS Gillian with a G. you just changed it because everyone started calling you Gills remember?"

"ahh. i see. sorry to break it to you hun, but GOSH is never gonna happen. i'm wayyyy too below his league."

i've gotten to the point where i knew i was hopeless and that i should just get over Josh. so i tried my best to do so.

we were walking to starbucks to get a cup of coffee before heading to the mall. deep down, i was hoping to be able to run into the same starbucks boy again. luckily, i did not mention what coffee shop the boy i met works in, to Lexee and Joya. otherwise, they would've already been sprinting to the cafe and looking for the boy.

i pushed the heavy doors open to be met by a long line before the counter. i told Lexee and Joya that i would just take their orders and buy their drinks for them while they found a seat near the corner of the coffee shop.

a wave of deja vú hit me as i walked to the front of the line. i stood up on my toes and stretched out my neck to see if the cute boy was having a shift today. i could see a dark-haired boy politely telling an old lady to have a good day while waving his hand. what a smol bean, awwww. i smiled to myself, thinking that i may even have a chance with this guy, although i don't know him. i liked over-thinking. a lot. from fantasizing about a future with a cute stranger that i see or even thinking about a date that i might go on with my mom's friend's son whom i haven't even met. i'm weird like that, but a girl can dream.

i walked towards the counter and looked above me. the boy was tall and had hazel hair and blue eyes. i took time to actually observe his features this time, admiring his beauty. he smiled at me and i could see his dimple deepening.

"hey, it's you again!"

"and it's you again, the cute boy whom i did not get the name of and mysteriously wrote a heart next to my name huh," i teased.

he chuckled and scratched the back of his neck while looking down, trying to hide his reddening cheeks, before awkwardly saying,

"so, what can i get for you today?"

"uhm, i'll get three mocha frappucinos, please."

he nodded his head and took down my name without even having to ask me what my name was.

"hopefully, i'll see you the next time you swing by here. have a good day," he said to me.

"me too. hey, what's your name?"

"my name is Brandon."

i nodded my head as i stuffed my crumpled up change into my wallet with a huge smile on my face. oh yeah, this girl is most definitely going to be coming back here just to talk to this boy. I MEAN LOOK AT THAT PRETTY FACE OF HIS.

i excitedly walked to my seat next to Lexee and Joya and just replayed the whole scene in my head over and over again. Brandon. i like that name. Brandon. Brandon. Brandon. what a sweet boy.

"what the fuck are you cheesing about?" Joya asks, looking at me weirdly.

i shrugged, trying to give off the best serious face i had and all of a sudden, Lexee starts to burst into laughter.

"you're the worst liar i've ever met. you look so constipated right now."

"yeezus woman, you don't gotta be mean about it."

"okayyyy. now, spill."

i tried my best to stay quiet for as long as possible, but knowing myself, Joya, and Lexee, i knew that i might as well just tell them now.

"thecuteboythatitoldyouaboutishereandfuckhe'ssocuteican't," i said, slouching on the small wooden table, remembering how i was so quick to judge him and only liking him based off his looks and how nice he was to other people, and the fact that i didn't even know the guy.  dammit. i hated being shallow but I CAN'T HELP IT SOMETIMES.

i looked up from my previous position and saw Joya and Lexee pointing at the boy at the counter without even trying to be subtle about it. I looked behind me and saw the boy looking my way. he looked baffled as to why the people i was with was pointing at him and obviously talking about him. i gave him a sheepish smile and mouthed a sorry.

"yo, he cute."

"yeah jill, you got good taste kid."

i laughed at their remarks and made my way to get all of our drinks. this was when i noticed that there was something written underneath my name on one of the cups.

"here's my number, in case you wanna text me. -B :)

WGEIWHSFWHSH MOMMA I MADE IT.

-

written and published on the 9th of August, 2017