[ five ]

THREE MONTHS LATER

{ via messages }

B 🐝: hey g imma pick u up at 7, yeah?

jee: yep. see u later and please drive safely :-)

B 🐝: okay, love.

jee: sappy ass.

B 🐝: heyyy :(

jee: oh get over it and stop texting me. i've got homework to do.

B 🐝: fine. love you!

jee: love yew too, Brandon.

Jillian's PoV

yeah. that's my life now. i have a boyfriend and he is the sweetest person in my life. it's been 3 months since Brandon gave me his number and i've been texting him ever since. we've gone out on dates and i really like the guy.

have i gotten over my feelings for Beauchamp? for the most part, yes. he has been dating Faith since God knows when and the boy seems absolutely in love with her. i've only met her a couple of times but i knew that she was a nice and genuine person. i finished writing my essay and shut my laptop down to get ready to eat lunch with Brandon. i still cared a lot about what he thought about me, even though we've been dating for two months now. i expected myself to be a hundred percent comfortable around him but i guess i was wrong.

i finally picked out my clothes after what took me thirty minutes of rummaging through my cabinet of clothes. i opened my phone lockscreen to see that it was already 6:45p.m. dang. that was quick. i rushed to put on my clothes and tie my hair into a ponytail but being the person that i am, i took my hair out of the ponytail and put on a bandana. then, i looked at myself in the mirror and took the bandana out and settled for a plain black cap. i am an absolute mess.

i rushed out of my bedroom and shouted

"BYE DAISY! BRANDON'S PICKING ME UP NOW."

without waiting for a response, i put on my shoes and opened the apartment door. what i was not expecting was to see Brandon holding a single rose.

"what the actual fuck."

"i thought i'd give you this rose. it was pretty and reminded me of you," he said, holding his hand out and handing me the rose.

"aww, b. you're too nice to me. i don't deserve you."

he engulfed me in his hug and told me that i deserved everything. he has told me this about 10 times since we started dating and i haven't found myself believing him even one time. my friends have told me this and i also never believed them. i let them say these things over and over again and all i did was nod my head without actually allowing the words seep into my mind and i've never actually taken the words into sincere consideration. doing the exact thing i do every time, i nodded my head and dismissed what he had just said and went on with whatever we were doing as if nothing happened.

we walked into the elevator and clicked on the button that took us to the basement so Brandon could take us to his car.

"so, where are you taking me?" i smiled while asking the handsome boy next to me.

"i don't know. where AM i taking you?" he teased.

he pushed his glasses up his nose and pulled me closer to him by his side. i felt comfortable. maybe i didn't feel so care free and safe from the judgements i was giving myself but i felt comfortable. i almost felt at home. and this was how my day ended.

with me trying to convince myself that this was what i deserved. that maybe i deserved a break from always being too hard on myself. but then again, when did i ever succeed in trying to be nice to myself.