Chapter 4

"Do you know anything about an Amara Aquilla?"

Abby almost didn't hear me through her headphones. Luckily, she caught some of my voice. She took our her buds.

"Why are you asking about tequila?"

Nevermind. "I said Amara Aquilla. Blonde, blue eyed, a couple inches taller than me." I couldn't stop thinking about her from a couple of days ago. It was like every time I thought of something, somehow my brain would connect her to it, no matter how irrelevant.

A look of realization came upon her. "Oh! I know her. Yeah, she's a year older than us; a junior. She was the one you bumped into on the quad, right?"

I nodded.

I didn't know why I was so obsessed with her, but I wanted information. at this point, I wasn't looking to be subtle. "Is there anything you could tell me about her, just so I could get an idea?"

She gave a not-so-questioning look. "I understand that you have a crush on her and all, but you can still talk to her. It's a small school; it wouldn't be too weird if you tried to make another friend."

I didn't say anything. What she'd said about a crush, it might've been true. The same could be said about talking to Amara. What was so bad about making a new friend? Maybe even a more-then-new friend. Although, with the world we lived in, that might have been a little harder to accomplish than originally thought.