Chapter 6

You woke up slumped over your desk.

  “Oh fuck!” You cursed, sitting up. You looked at the window, barely daylight. You had a few hours so you decided to draw the Joker a portrait of himself. You pulled out his picture from the case files and set it on the monitor in front of you, pulling out a blank page from the copier and beginning to draw. About an hour later you finished, lead all over your hands. You went to the bathroom to wash it off, splashing some cold water on your face. You were going to go out and buy some posters before you reported back into work. You walked out the front doors, the pavement brand new. You walked to your car and went to the store, looking through a large thing of posters. You found one of a red rose on a black background, one of a wolf howling at the moon, and another one of just a beautiful view outside. Once you returned it was about time for your session with the Joker. You requested it to be in his cell so that you could hang the posters.

  With your files, notes, pen, tape, and posters you were locked inside the cell with the clown. You showed him the posters, he loved them. He, since he wasn't aloud to touch any of the materials, had you hang them around the room. Next you gave him his portrait, sitting on the bed next to him. In reality.. You had already grown to trust him. He grinned widely and set it on his other side, almost bouncing in excitement.

  “You're the greatest doctor I've ever had the pleasure of being examined by.”

  “Uh.. Thank you?” You replied, opening up your folder.

  “Okay.. Let's get this going, shall we?” You asked.

  “Okay.. What do you dream about?”

  “Well, darling, I don't really dream…” Joker replied, nodding his head from side to side. You nodded, taking note. When you looked back at him he was staring deep into your eyes. Your tongue wetted your lips, as you paused your questioning. He put his right hand on your cheek, leaning your head up slightly. As he brought his lips down you moved backwards out of fear. He kept his lips right above yours.

  “You don't have to be afraid of me..” He whispered. You looked into his green eyes, your heart starting to beat faster.

   “But you're-.”

   “In love with you.” He interrupted, pressing his lips to yours. A few seconds later you pulled away, looking around cautiously. After seeing the time you turned back to Joker, pushing him backwards on the bed and kissing him deeply. He chuckled softly, biting your lips. You opened your mouth slightly, turning your head. His tongue slipped into your mouth, greedily claiming it as his own. After a minute of your heated making out you pulled yourself back from him, shaking your head.

  “No. This is wrong.” You stated strongly. Joker’s eyes widened.

  “Does it feel wrong?” He asked, cupping your cheek in his hand. You looked down at your lap then back up at him.

  “No.. But you're my patient.. You're… trying to make me into another Harley Quinn.” You whispered, balling up your fists. Joker sighed, moving his hands to unball your fists.

  “Things have been… Different since Harley died.. I realized how much I needed the attention she gave me…. And I regret not telling her sooner…. The longer I'm alone.. The crazier I get… Please.. I need you.” He whimpered, showing you a side that had never been before seen. You gently touched his cheek.

  “I'll be back tomorrow… I'll think about all of this.”