Chapter 3

A/N: hey guys sorry for not updating in a while. And above that's what Cassidy looks like!

"Mermaid? What kind of quest did you volunteer for?" Asked Uncle Clint softly

"A life" Cassidy replied.

"A WHAT?!?!" Uncle Clint yelled, causing Cassidy to flinch. Thor looked utterly shocked while the rest of the Avengers looked confused.

"What happened Mermaid?" Uncle Clint questioned sadly. Cassidy pulls up her sweat shirt (she stole from Percy) and there was a faded tattoo of a flaming hammer. Thor gasped as soon as Clint saw it He pulled Cassidy into a hug. Cassidy started balling in her Uncles shirt.

"I'm so sorry Mermaid" Uncle Clint comforted. He picked up Cassidy and stated "I'm taking her to her room" and left the room. As soon as they where far enough away the Avengers started bombarding Thor with questions.

"Thor what the f%#k just happened?!?" Exclaimed Natasha.

"Language!!" Steve scolded. "But yeah we need an explanation!" He agreed. Thor sighs.

"In order to understand Lady Cassidy's predicament I must enlighten you all on some knowledge," Thor pauses then states "Demi-gods have soulmates as in their destined loved one and it would seem that Lady Cassidy has recently lost hers". Thor looks to the ground saddened by the misfortune of the young girl. While the rest of the Avengers sit in a silent shock and sadness.

~~MEANWHILE~~

In Cassidy's new room she is being comforted by her Uncle, even though he knows their is not much he could do to help his niece.

"If you ever need to talk....." Clint states but stops when all he manages to do is make her cry harder. He lays her down on the bed and he leaves the room setting a glance back at the broken teen before he closes the door. All alone Cassidy cries herself to sleep. And she dreams of a future now not possible because her Leo was taken away.