Chapter 7

A/N: Sorry its been so long since I've updated this but here goes nothing!

Cassie and Clint run into the living room in utter confusion. 

"Whats going on?", Clint questions.

"We are being invaded the lobby has been taken", Happy Hogan explains. He's hunched over in a lounge chair holding his arm while Bruce accessed the damage and a terrified receptionist has a blanket on her shoulders while she sits on the couch near the group.

 "They fought like nothing I've ever seen", the receptionists squeaks out meekly.

"Friday bring up the security footage", Tony asserts. Friday brings the footage up on a holographic screen and the group examine it. A group of six assailants, 5 women and a man, come in and move around the lobby observing the people. The man moves over to the receptionist's desk and they proceed to have a short conversation before the man violently yanks the Receptionist's monitor off the desk. The Receptionist screams alerting Happy, who comes over to deescalate the situation and escort the man out but the man hits  Happy with the computer into his arm practically knocking him across the room. Happy gets up, grabs the receptionist, and then sprints to the elevator. The group chase them to the elevator but luckily they make it and go up. Cassie observes the assailants and the mist ripples and she sees Empousai. 

"fuck", Cassie mutters concerned. 

"what?", Clint mutters

"Empousai", she answers.

"Shit", Clint stresses. 

"What is it?", Steve questions. Clint and Cassie share a look.

"The enemies in the lobby aren't human.", Cassie confesses.

"Then what are they?", Wanda insists.

"The women are known as Empousa, they are winged bloodsucking monsters. However, I have no idea what the guy is.", Cassie explains. Cassie yanks a charm off of her bracelet and a bow and quiver materialize. 

"Uncle Clint do you have anything that will affect them?", 

"I've got a whole quiver of Celestial bronze tipped arrows.", Clint  boasts.

"Perfect! Thor, Clint come with me", Cassie dictates. 

"Wait! Where do you think your going?", Tony asserts. 

"To kill the monsters", Cassie states bluntly.

"I don't think so!", Tony argues.

"Listen your weapons will have no effect on them! Thor, Clint, and I are the only ones that have a chance against them and your wasting our time", Cassie asserts. She turns  and walks towards the elevator. "Are you guys coming or what?"

Thor and Clint rush quickly and the three get into the elevator. Clint gives Tony a sheepish smile and a shrug before disappearing. 

~Short Leh Time Skip~

The three get down to the lobby to find the six monsters lounging around. When they walk out of the elevator the man notices them and hisses alerting the Empousai. Cassie notches an arrow and aims at one of the Empousai. The arrow flies and hits the Empousa in the chest, causing the Empousa to burst into golden dust. The other Empousai' eyes begin to blaze a bright yellow out of rage and they charge. Thor throws his hammer impacting with the mans causing the man to flip in the air and transform. When the creature landed the man was revealed to be a Manticore. The Manticore roared and charges at Thor just as he was calling his hammer back. Clint shot an arrow at another one of the Empousai imbedding the arrow in between the monsters eyes, caousing another monster to disintegrate into a pile of golden dust. An Empousa charges Cassie who takes aim and fires, the Empousa slides causing the arrow to just barely miss the monsters head. The Empousa lungs for Cassie who doges and hits the Empousa in the face with her bow. The Empousa falls back before turning and hissing at the demigod. Thor is trying to hit this Manticore while avoiding the monsters spiky tail. He manages to hit the beasts tail cousing the Manticore to howl in pain before turning and pouncing on the big blonde. Clint in the meantime has been fighting off two Empousai. One lungs for him and he doges but the other manages to claw him in the process causing him to hiss in pain.  The Empousai cackle and when to strike again. Cassie kneed the Empousa in the face and then jumped on top of the monster stabbing it in the heart with an arrow (and another one bites the dust!). Cassie hears another cry come from her uncle and her head snaps in his direction. Clint is being pinned to the receptionists table with multiple scratches across his body. Cassie shoots an arrow at one of the Empousai killing it. The other Empousa's attention is now gives Clint the opportunity to attack the monster. He punches it in the face and then stabs it with an arrow. Before the two can check to see if the other is okay they hear Thor's struggle with the Manticore. The Beast has Thor pinned but Thor has Mjolnir in the Manticore's mouth and is actively dodging its tail. Cassie and Clint go to shot the beast but before they can the Manticore is set ablaze. It explodes into dust all over Thor. 
"*spit*spit* I've got some in my mouth!*spit*", Thor exclaims trying to spit the dust out of his mouth. A figure is standing in the entry of the tower. His Hair is on fire and he's trying not to laugh at the god on the floor.

"Leo?"