23 | deal

23 | DEAL

It took a while before Mylene finally left Roy's office

It took a while before Mylene finally left Roy's office. As soon as she did, Joelle bolted to Mr. Ashton's door. She knocked lightly on the slightly agape door, and Roy quickly responded with a: "Come on in."

Joelle creeped into the room, hurrying herself to find a seat in his decorated office. "Hi, Mr. Asheton. I'm Joelle Tealer, we spoke on the phone about promotion?" Joelle shook Roy's hand from across his desk.

Roy smiled sideways. "Yeah. Well that was just to get you here. I know I've tried to speak to your group's manager, Jahil Rivera, but he didn't want to be part of my label at all." Roy explained.

Joelle knitted her brows together. "Then why am I here?" Jo crossed her arms as she contemplated Roy's motives.

"To convince you to convince Big Trouble to sign onto my label. You girls are big already. You girls are versatile and unique, I need that for my label. Not to mention that you need a boost to make your group bigger than the Beatles." Roy told.

Joelle narrowed her eyes. "I'll talk to my girls. But you gotta do two things for me. One, promote my gig as a DJ in Philly, if you still need your promotion I can do that while I DJ too—" Joelle was eager to join his label, and glad that was exactly what he wanted as well. However, she did want some rewards she could cash in at that very moment rather than receiving a long term commitment.

"Does it look like I need some fucking promotion from an unknown DJ? I think I have more than enough platinum albums to answer your question." Roy scoffed, quite arrogantly.

Joelle rolled her eyes and waved Roy's comment off. "Whatever. Let me finish or else I won't put in a good word for you." Joelle pointed a demanding finger at Roy.

Roy put his hands up in the air as if he were surrendering to her order. "Okay, okay." He said.

Joelle plopped her hands back down into her lap then resumed speaking. "Two, you've got to get my girl Valentina a slot to perform at the Rubicon." Joelle slumped back in her seat, satisfied with her negotiations.

"How'd you know about that?" Roy inquired.

Joelle shrugged. "I got my sources." Joelle analyzed her nails, cockily, so that Roy wouldn't think of her as a hopeless wannabe star.

Roy raised his brows then smiled proudly. "You'd make for a great CEO one day." He commented.

Joelle brushed off the nonexistent lint on her shoulder. "I'll get your friend a slot to perform. As long as you get your group to sign onto my label by Friday." Roy extended out his hand to solidify the deal.

Joelle stuck out her hand and grasped Roy's firmly. She shook his hand and nodded, assuring him that their small deal was on.