28 | unity

28 | UNITY

Makayla and Valentina rolled up to Shaolin's major get down party to get the Get Down Brothers out of their contract with Fat Annie

Makayla and Valentina rolled up to Shaolin's major get down party to get the Get Down Brothers out of their contract with Fat Annie. Makayla brought back up to protect the Get Down Brothers and herself from Fat Annie's hooligans she liked to call her bodyguards.

Before Valentina and Makayla exited the car and joined the party, Makayla tried to slip a gun into Valentina's purse. However, Valentina felt it and instantly stopped her. "What the hell, Ma? Is this a whole fucking gun?!" Valentina whispered frantically.

"Calm down, Vale! It's just for protection, nothing more." Makayla hissed.

Valentina scoffed and shoved the gun back into her mother's hands. "I am not touching that shit, nor and I going to be charged as an accessory to whatever the hell you're doing." Valentina spat as she exited the car. She didn't want anything to do with her mother's business after Fat Annie had given her a death stare at Les Inferno.

"I am sorry, Vale. I am just trying to protect you." Makayla sighed, pushing the gun back into her own purse.

Valentina huffed. "I appreciate that, but I don't want to have anything to do with your shit." Val mentioned.

Makayla popped Valentina on the mouth. "Cállate! I get why you cussed the first time, but if you cuss one more damn time you won't see the light of day for a whole week." Makayla's eyes darkened into her angry mother state.

Valentina rose her hands up in surrender. "Ay, okay, okay!" Valentina grumbled.

* * *

Shaolin began to spin his records and Ra began to rap the moment Cadillac joined the party. Valentina stood at the front of the crowd, watching the Get Down Brothers perform but... she wasn't paying quite enough attention. Ever since Michael said he didn't want to be with her at the hospital, she couldn't stop feeling so down about losing him. When she saw him at Ruby Con for her performance, a spark of hope that he would take her back lit in her soul. However, the spark soon died out when the next few days she received no word from him.

Valentina began to feel out of place as the people around her were feeling the get down and dancing, so she moved to the back of the crowd. As soon as she ended up at the back of the crowd, a tough hand was placed on her shoulder. "Hey, little mama." The all too familiar Cadillac spoke.

Valentina cringed in distaste. "Ain't you like a rising superstar now? The next disco queen?" Cadillac bit his lip.

"I'm not in the mood to be flirting." Valentina brushed his comments off.

Cadillac removed his hand from her shoulder, defeated. "Yeah, this get down trash Shaolin speaks of puts all the real artist in a bad mood don't it?" Cadillac attempted to subtly find some common interests with Valentina.

Valentina's eyes looked everywhere around the party, except at Cadillac. She quickly found a face she had been thinking of for so long and stopped her eyes from moving from that face. The face that belonged to Michael stared right back at her with sad eyes after he finished blankly watching Cadillac try to swoon Valentina.

Was Michael really going to let Cadillac take me from him? I guess he never wanted me... Valentina thought as she blatantly ignored Cadillac. Cadillac soon caught a hint and diverted his attention back to the Get Down Brother's rapping and record spinning.

Michael looked away from Valentina and continued to enjoy the performance given by the Get Down Brothers at that moment. Valentina continued to stare sadly at Michael for a couple of long minutes until two gunshots exploded into the sky. Everyone ducked and the music screeched to a stop.

Two large men came charging at Valentina and covered her entire body as if they were human shields. The two were obviously loyal servants to Makayla. "Come on!" Cadillac shouted angrily. He was enraged that Valentina didn't take his flirtations and that Shaolin was disrespecting him through the so called "trash music".

"Shaolin Fan-Faggot!" Cadillac exclaimed, waving his guns about as he neared the stage.

"You think you're real slick. You think I can't read between the lines. You think you invented the metaphor. But I can hear all of y'all loud and clear. And what I hear sound like one great big old 'fuck your novelty record!'" Cadillac continued to wave his gun aimlessly.

"And mama ain't gonna like that. Now I don't give a fuck about your little faggoty friends. But you need to stop playing make believe and come on home this instant. Or all fondness aside, there's going to be a lot of blood... and a lot of bodies." Cadillac shot Shaolin a menacing glare.

"Disco Duck. I say hold the fuck up before you get stuck up. Before they back a truck up, before you run your luck up, hold the fuck up." Ezekiel walked up to Cadillac confidently, causing Cadillac to point his gun at him.

Shaolin followed suit and approached Cadillac, making Cadillac point his other gun at Shao. Suddenly, all of the other people at the party began to crowd around. "Because ain't nobody going back to Annie's table. Or making no record." Shao commented.

As if on cue, all of the people that crowded around began to flash their own weapons they were carrying. Shaolin pulled out the contract from his pocket. "This here... is our liberty from your wack ass label." Shao flaunted the paper.

"Have you lost your fucking mind?" Cadillac growled.

"Annie ain't taking what we made just to get paid." Shaolin spat.

Cadillac clicked the safety on the revolver that was pointed at Shao's head. "Say that shit again, I double dare you." Cadillac dared.

"Annie won't take what we made just to get paid." A person from the crowd shouted.

"Or what we made." Another person shouted from the crowd.

"Or what we made." A group of men spoke in unison. Everyone continued to repeat that statement over and over until Cadillac pocketed his guns angrily.

"You ain't got the balls to kill me. And you can keep your fucking contract." Cadillac began to wander away.

Shaolin scoffed. "Oh, you thought we was done. Grab him." Shao ordered.

A few men that were surrounding him obliged and grabbed Cadillac. "Hey, get your fucking hands off me!" Cadillac exclaimed.

The guards that were protecting Valentina slowly peeled themselves off of her once they realized that the coast was mostly clear. Valentina, once she could finally peek at the events, began to curiously watch the scene play out.

"We ain't gonna kill you, Caddy. But school ain't over, Mama's boy. It ain't all about the Get Down Brothers here tonight. We got a lot of people we wanna bring to the stage. Because this here's about unity. So we want y'all to join in and make some noise for them. Let's go!" Ezekiel announced as many other DJs, B-boys, B-girls and MCs joined the stage to perform alongside the Get Down Brothers for the rest of the night.

an: I love y'all. thanks for reading this book and maintaining your activity unlike my other readers from other books sksks. by the way part three of this book is coming soooooon.