Three

4:45am came quickly on August 24th, the first day of my freshman year. I drug myself out of bed, threw my hair up in a ponytail, slipped on some workout clothes and went out to the backyard. I usually got a workout in everyday before school. I did some sit-ups, some push-ups, and then I usually did a few sprints before coming back inside the house to run a mile on the treadmill. By 6:30 I was finished and I took a quick shower before getting my breakfast.

"Morning sweetie," my mom said as she walked into the kitchen while putting on an earring.

"Morning mom," I said sheepishly as I stared at my cereal bowl in front of me.

"Workout this morning?" She asked as she opened up the fridge and began searching for her yogurt.

"Yeah," I mumbled.

"Good," she looked at her watch, "you have about 20 more minutes."

I nodded and got up from the counter to rinse out my bowl and continue to get ready.

I went back into my room and slouched down in my desk chair. I put on some mascara and ran a brush through my hair before pulling the sides back and clipping it into a half up half down hairstyle.

I looked at my clock and I had about 10 more minutes before we had to leave. So I went to the front hallway and dug through my football bag, making sure I had all my equipment packed up and ready for practice after school.

"Ready?" My mom asked as she came to the front and grabbed her purse from the table by the door.

I zipped up my football bag and grabbed my backpack, slinging it onto both shoulders in one motion. Then I struggled to hoist my awkward, heavy football bag onto a shoulder and finally, gave her a nod.

"First day of school!" My mom exclaimed as she followed me out the door.