Chapter 2: We got in and Flashback

It's our last summer before we go of and find out dream jobs and stuff like that. My sister wants to be a doctor like our Mama. I want to be a director. You know know like Tim Burton. Those types of movies. My mom signed me up to the best art schools. The one I want to go to is American Film Institute in Los Angeles. Mis is going to University of Virginia in Charlottesville. We are going to be so far away it's sad but we will see each other again. I hope.

Two weeks. No one has heard anything about college until today.

Mia goes and get the mail with a huge smile on her face. Two big packages with our names on it were in here hand. We both took a deep breath and opened the package. A moment later Mia and I screamed "WE GOT IT".  That night we celebrated​. Mia and I have three weeks before we leave. It's going to be hard. No one is taking it well. Our moms the most. But they are so happy for us.  The next three weeks are going to be an emotional train reck.

"Your room is so empty," Mia said with a sad face.
"Don't make a great thing so sad it will be fine​, most married couples meet in college," I say knowing how much Mia wants to fall in love.

Me, I'm not big on it. I want a good career, be successful before any of that happens. Plus I'm still in the closet. Yeah, Mia or my mom's don't even know. They would fully expect me but I'm not ready to admit it to myself. Don't feel bad I will one day just not know.

Flashback

"Truth or Dare," Aspen ask me. Aspen was a girl who knew she was lesbian and proud I want to be like her.
"Dare," I say proudly.
"I dare you to kiss Mel."

I was confused but I did it. I didn't feel anything I just liked that I was being my self. I know I won't feel anything it was 7th grade in a bathroom. Even though it meant nothing it felt right. I just pushed it away it was to early to make such a big desision in my life.